1800 To 1850
- 1804 – Arrival of Swami Sahajanand (Later known as Lord Swaminarayan), who was believed to be an incarnation of god.
- 1808 – Arrival of Gaikwad, A law for inheritance of property was enforced which can still be seen on Three Gates on a stone.
- 1818 – Mr. Dunlop, British Collector of Kaira took over the city and thus came the end of Maratha rule, Union Jack hoisted on Bhadra.
- 1819 – Rann of Kutch earthquake; Speculation in opium.
- 1820 – First import of foreign cloth.
- 1821 – Earthquake for 30 seconds.
- 1824 – First survey of the city.
- 1827 – Establishment of first Gujarati School.
- 1832 – Repairs to city walls by citizens' committee, first seeds of local self Government.
- 1834 – Beginning of city committee for municipal work.
- 1846 – Starting of First English School.
- 1847 – Construction of First Water Tank by city committee and municipal work started.
- 1848 – Construction of Hatheesing Temple.
- 1850 – Construction of the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Ahmedabad.
Read more about this topic: Timeline Of Ahmedabad
Main Site Subjects