- 1514 – Arrival of Spanish traveler Barbosa and construction of Rani Sipri Masjid.
- 1535 – Humayun captured Ahmedabad and ruled for nine months. Bahadurshah recaptured.
- 1555 – Arrival of Arabian historian Udadbir.
- 1572 – Sidi Saiyyed mosque with the world famous carved stone tree constructed.
- 1572 – Akbar captured the city, end of the sultanate.
- 1586 – Meeting of Sant Dadu and Akbar, Akbar recaptured the city from Muzaffarshah.
Read more about this topic: Timeline Of Ahmedabad
Other articles related to "16th century":
... Related article List of 16th century inventions ... The Columbian Exchange introduces many plants, animals and diseases to the Old and New Worlds ...
... Two 16th century German grenade muskets working with a wheellock mechanism are on display in the Bayerisches Nationalmuseum, Munich ...
Famous quotes containing the word century:
“The innocence of those who grind the faces of the poor, but refrain from pinching the bottoms of their neighbours wives! The innocence of Ford, the innocence of Rockefeller! The nineteenth century was the Age of Innocencethat sort of innocence. With the result that were now almost ready to say that a man is seldom more innocently employed than when making love.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)