- Systematische Übersicht der Vögel Nordost-Afrikas (Systematic Review of Northeastern-African Birds) (1855)
- Reisen in Nordost-Afrika, 1852-1853 (Travels in Northeast Africa, 1852–1853) (Gotha, 1857)
- Syst. Übersicht der Säugetiere Nordost-Afrikas (Systematic Review of Mammals of Northeast Africa) (Vienna, 1867)
- Reise nach Abessinien, den Gala-Ländern, &c., 1861-1862 (Trip to Abyssinia, the ??, etc., 1861–1862) (Jena, 1868)
- Reise in das Gebiet des Weissen Nil, &c. 1862-1864 (Trip to the White Nile and Environs, 1862–1864) (Leipzig, 1869)
- Reisen nach dem Nordpolarmeer, 1870-1871 (Trip to the Arctic Ocean, 1870–1871) (Brunswick, 1872–1874)
- Ornithologie von Nordost-Afrika (Ornithology of Northeast Africa) (Cassel, 1869–1875)
- Reise in Nordost-Afrika (A trip in Northeast Africa) (Brunswick, 1877, 2 vols).
Read more about this topic: Theodor Von Heuglin
Other articles related to "works, work":
... The Works Progress Administration (renamed during 1939 as the Works Project Administration WPA) was the largest and most ambitious New Deal agency ... state histories, artists painted murals and other works for new federal post offices and other buildings ...
1810 Die Weihe der Unkraft, 1813, a recantation of his earlier work Martin Luther Kunigunde die Heilige, 1815 Geistliche Übungen für drei Tage, 1818 Die Mutter der ...
... The titles of many Baroque works make mention of the continuo section, such as J ... at least in modern performances, is harpsichord and cello for instrumental works and secular vocal works, such as operas, and organ for sacred music ... In addition, the mere composition of certain works seems to require certain kind of instruments (for instance, Vivaldi's Stabat Mater seems to require an organ, and not a ...
... Krasicki's major works won European fame and were translated into Latin, French, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Hungarian ... The broad reception of his works was sustained throughout the 19th century ... Krasicki has been the subject of works by poets of the Polish Enlightenment – Stanisław Trembecki, Franciszek Zabłocki, Wojciech Mier – and in the 20th century, by ...
... Norman Rockwell was a prolific artist, producing over 4,000 original works in his lifetime ... Most of his works are either in public collections, or have been destroyed in fire or other misfortunes ... only slightly overshadowed by his most popular of calendar works the "Four Seasons" illustrations for Brown Bigelow that were published for 17 years beginning in 1947 ...
Famous quotes containing the word works:
“Through the din and desultoriness of noon, even in the most Oriental city, is seen the fresh and primitive and savage nature, in which Scythians and Ethiopians and Indians dwell. What is echo, what are light and shade, day and night, ocean and stars, earthquake and eclipse, there? The works of man are everywhere swallowed up in the immensity of nature. The AEgean Sea is but Lake Huron still to the Indian.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Are you there, Africa with the bulging chest and oblong thigh? Sulking Africa, wrought of iron, in the fire, Africa of the millions of royal slaves, deported Africa, drifting continent, are you there? Slowly you vanish, you withdraw into the past, into the tales of castaways, colonial museums, the works of scholars.”
—Jean Genet (19101986)
“Reason, the prized reality, the Law, is apprehended, now and then, for a serene and profound moment, amidst the hubbub of cares and works which have no direct bearing on it;Mis then lost, for months or years, and again found, for an interval, to be lost again. If we compute it in time, we may, in fifty years, have half a dozen reasonable hours.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)