Legacy and Influence
- "Boll Weevil" was featured in the 1995 film Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.
- "Lump" was featured in the 2009 film Fanboys.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic released a parody version of "Lump" known as "Gump", a joking tribute to Forrest Gump.
- ApologetiX also recorded a parody of "Lump" entitled "Plump".
- Canadian ska punk band The Johnstones covered "Lump" on their 2008 EP SEX.
- Accordionist Duckmandu (Jason Seeman) covered "Lump" on his compilation album Quack Rock: Five Duckades of Accordion Mega-Hits.
- "Peaches" was parodied in the TV series Bill Nye the Science Guy as "Farm Foods", with lead singer Chris Ballew playing basitar in the parody.
- In the King of the Hill episode "Next of Shin", somebody asks Hank Hill about peaches. Thinking he is referring to the song, Hank takes out his guitar and sings the song's chorus.
- British electronica duo Lemon Jelly heavily sampled the opening riffs of "Peaches" played in reverse as well as the lines "Yeah, yeah" and "Millions of peaches/Peaches for me/Millions of peaches/Peaches for free" in their song "The Fruity Track".
Read more about this topic: The Presidents Of The United States Of America (album)
Other articles related to "legacy and influence, influence":
... In 1991, the city of Amadora inaugurated a 12-foot statue of Zeca Afonso in the city's Central Park ... On 30 June 1994, as part of Lisboa-94, European Capital of Culture, a festival in homage to Zeca took place ...
... Lavoisier also contributed to early ideas on composition and chemical changes by stating the radical theory, believing that radicals, which function as a single group in a chemical process, combine with oxygen in reactions ... He also introduced the possibility of allotropy in chemical elements when he discovered that diamond is a crystalline form of carbon ...
... Since starting out with Rene Angela, Winbush and Moore have played an influence on various R B and hip-hop acts ... In the latter genre, their music has been sampled by acts such as The Notorious B.I.G ...
... Rock acts that have cited The Birthday Party as an influence include LCD Soundsystem, White Zombie, The Jesus And Mary Chain, The Mars Volta, Coil, My Bloody Valentine, Deerhunter, Eugene Hutz of Gogol Bordello ...
Famous quotes containing the words influence and/or legacy:
“My administration is pledged to follow the policies of Mr. Roosevelt in this regard, and while that pledge does not involve me in any obligation to carry them out unless I have Congressional authority to do so, it does require that I take every step and exert every legislative influence upon Congress to enact the legislation which shall best subserve the purposes indicated.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)
“What is popularly called fame is nothing but an empty name and a legacy from paganism.”
—Desiderius Erasmus (c. 14661536)