- In Maximum Ride, Max is the oldest, at 14 years, with brown/blond hair (Patterson says she has brown and blond throughout the series) and brown eyes. In When the Wind Blows, Max is 12, with blond hair and green eyes.
- In Maximum Ride, the human/bird children and the human/wolf hybrids ("Erasers") were both the only successful experiments at first, with many failures (later, other experiments were successfully created). In When the Wind Blows, the human/bird children were the only successes, with many horrible failures.
- In Maximum Ride, it is mentioned that the scientists at the School were operating against the law and didn't want anyone to find out about them. In When the Wind Blows, the scientists at the School operated in secret, but were actually backed by many people, including some in the government.
- In Maximum Ride, Angel and the Gasman are related by blood and Max and Ari are half-siblings, as well as Max and Ella. In When the Wind Blows, Max and Matthew were siblings, as well as Wendy and Peter.
- In The Lake House, Max has children with Ozymandias.
- In When the Wind Blows and The Lake House, Max is oviparous, meaning her children will be born in eggs, therefore, Max did not have breasts.
- In Maximum Ride, Fang doesn't publicly show that he cares for Max. He makes fun of her, and knows she can take care of herself.
- In The Lake House, Ozymandias is protective around Max, and often kisses her, which then leads to 'sex.'
- In Maximum Ride, the Flock possess other super-human abilities as well as having wings.
- In The Lake House, the experiments made by the School are made public, and the bird children are well known.
- In Maximum Ride, Max has a 'Voice' in her head.
- In The Lake House, Ozymandias dies. So far, Fang has been killed in a later book in the Maximum Ride series, (But was brought back to life by Max), and has come close several times.
- In Maximum Ride there are 3 girls and 3 boys. In The Lake House there are 2 girls and 4 boys.
- in The Lake House Max swears every chance she gets. In Maximum Ride Max tries to watch her language after 'Angel stubbed her toe and started cussing like a sailor.'
- In The Lake House, Max and the other winged children are double-limbed (their arms and wings are attached). In Maximum Ride, Max and the winged children have separate wings and arms.
Read more about this topic: The Lake House (novel), "Maximum Ride" Vs. When The Wind Blows/The Lake House
Other articles related to "differences, difference":
... that are more closely related hybridization barriers can include morphological differences, differing times of fertility, mating behaviors and cues, physiological rejection of sperm cells or the developing embryo ... In plants, barriers to hybridization include blooming period differences, different pollinator vectors, inhibition of pollen tube growth, somatoplastic sterility, cytoplasmic-genic ...
... These differentiations occurred following long-standing claims about the alleged differences between the Nordic and the Mediterranean people ... debates arose from responses to ancient writers who had commented on differences between northern and southern Europeans ... By the nineteenth century long-standing cultural and religious differences between Protestant northwestern Europe and the Roman Catholic south were ...
... Cross-cultural research has shown gender differences on the domains and facets of the Big Five personality traits ... Gender differences in personality traits are largest in prosperous, healthy, and egalitarian cultures in which women have more opportunities that are equal to those of men ... Differences in the magnitude of sex differences between more or less developed world regions were due to differences between men not women in these respective regions ...
... Although IQ differences between individuals are shown to have a large hereditary component, it does not follow that mean group-level disparities (between-group differences) in IQ can be ... nearly all the variation in the height of the plants within a batch will be due to differences in their genes ... Nevertheless, the difference between the two groups is due entirely to an environmental factor - differential nutrition ...
Famous quotes containing the word differences:
“The mother must teach her son how to respect and follow the rules. She must teach him how to compete successfully with the other boys. And she must teach him how to find a woman to take care of him and finish the job she began of training him how to live in a family. But no matter how good a job a woman does in teaching a boy how to be a man, he knows that she is not the real thing, and so he tends to exaggerate the differences between men and women that she embodies.”
—Frank Pittman (20th century)
“I may be able to spot arrowheads on the desert but a refrigerator is a jungle in which I am easily lost. My wife, however, will unerringly point out that the cheese or the leftover roast is hiding right in front of my eyes. Hundreds of such experiences convince me that men and women often inhabit quite different visual worlds. These are differences which cannot be attributed to variations in visual acuity. Man and women simply have learned to use their eyes in very different ways.”
—Edward T. Hall (b. 1914)
“The country is fed up with children and their problems. For the first time in history, the differences in outlook between people raising children and those who are not are beginning to assume some political significance. This difference is already a part of the conflicts in local school politics. It may spread to other levels of government. Society has less time for the concerns of those who raise the young or try to teach them.”
—Joseph Featherstone (20th century)