Leg 2 (Thailand → Vietnam)
Airdate: 18 September 2008
- Mae Kham Pong (Flight of the Gibbon)
- Chiang Mai (Sathit Buarawong Banana Plantation)
- Chiang Mai (Chiang Mai International Airport) to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Tan Son Nhat International Airport)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon Opera House)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon Phố Cafe)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Bến Thành Market)
- Cái Bè, Tien Giang province (Cái Bè Bus Station)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Thánh Nữ Jeanne D'Arc Church (Vietnamese))
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon Central Post Office)
- Ho Chi Minh City (Museum of Vietnamese History)
In the first Roadblock of this season, one team member had to cross the plantation and retrieve a clue from a hanging backpack. The catch was that along the way, snipers brandishing paintball guns would fire at the team member; once shot, the team member must return to the starting point and perform the task again until successful. In this leg's Detour, the choice was between Sampan and Some Walk. In Sampan, teams must transport fruits on a sampan and row across the river to a designated fruit stall along the river. In Some Walk, teams must gather twenty live chickens and bring them to a designated retailer in the nearby market.
- Additional tasks
- At the Flight of the Gibbon, teams had to go through a jungle heights course consisting of zip-lines and parallel drops.
- At Saigon Phố Cafe, team had to play a Nokia N-Gage game, known as System Rush: Evolution, on a Nokia N82 handphone and complete three rounds of a specified track to receive their next clue.
- At Thánh Nữ Jeanne D'Arc Church, teams had to choose one of the nine available charity organisations, for which they will purchase, using US$500 from Singha, supplies as donations to the organization.
Famous quotes containing the word leg:
“Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church. Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking.”
—Wesley Strick, U.S. screenwriter, and Martin Scorsese. Max Cady (Robert DeNiro)