Théâtre De L'Ambigu-Comique
The Théâtre de l’Ambigu-Comique (, literally, Theatre of the Comic-Ambiguity), a former Parisian theatre, was founded in 1769 on the boulevard du Temple immediately adjacent to the Théâtre de Nicolet. It was rebuilt in 1770 and 1786, but in 1827 was destroyed by fire. A new, larger theatre with a capacity of 2,000 as compared to the earlier 1,250 was built nearby on the boulevard Saint-Martin at its intersection with the rue de Bondy and opened the following year. The theatre was eventually demolished in 1966.
Read more about Théâtre De L'Ambigu-Comique: History of The First Theatre in The Boulevard Du Temple, History of The Second Theatre in The Boulevard Saint-Martin, See Also, References