Accidents and Incidents
- On 4 April 1987, Garuda Indonesia Flight 035 en route from Banda Aceh to Medan, crashed during approach at Polonia International Airport. 23 of 45 passengers and crew were killed.
- On 31 January 1993, a Shorts SC.7 Skyvan 3-100 of Pan-Malaysian Air Transport, a non-scheduled domestic flight from Medan to Banda Aceh crashed into Mount Kapur because bad weather. All 14 passengers and crew were killed.
- On 4 January 2005, a Boeing 737-200C of Tri-MG Intra Asia Airlines was part of the relief operation to the tsunami stricken area of Banda Aceh. As the aircraft landed in Banda Aceh during the night, it struck a water buffalo that had entered the runway. The main gear on the port side collapsed, causing damage to the gear and port engine. There were no injuries and the aircraft was declared a write off and scrapped several months later.
- On 21 July 2005, just seven month and 17 days after the accident, a CN-235 of Indonesian Air Force en route from Banda Aceh to Lhokseumawe crashed during approach at Malikus Saleh Airport. 3 of 23 passengers and crew were killed.
- On 7 September 2012, a Boeing 737-900ER owned by Lion Air flight number JT 305 Banda Aceh-Medan route failed to take off twice due to irregularities security system. However, at 18:00 pm the plane finally took off and flew to Medan, North Sumatra. The number of passengers on board was originally 210 passengers including the former governor of Aceh, Irwandi Yusuf but 39 of them cancel flights.
Read more about this topic: Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport
Other articles related to "accidents, accidents and, accident, accidents and incidents":
... the curse of a sorcerer Singha Sevra The Lambi Dehar Mines, Mussoorie Many unexplained accidents are associated with this place ... Corner is the site of several freakish suicides or a gruesome pattern of deaths and accidents ... There have been at least twenty cases of fatal accidents and suicides since the building was construction in 1976 ...
... The fireman of this train was killed in the accident ... Although the main cause of the accident was the driver of the Margate train failing to obey signals, the signalman at Tonbridge East signal box was also censured for ...
... It remains the worst accident involving a Dash 7 and is the fourth-worst accident on Norwegian soil ...
Famous quotes containing the words incidents and/or accidents:
“An element of exaggeration clings to the popular judgment: great vices are made greater, great virtues greater also; interesting incidents are made more interesting, softer legends more soft.”
—Walter Bagehot (18261877)
“I can forgive even that wrong of wrongs,
Those undreamt accidents that have made me
Seeing that Fame has perished this long while,
Being but a part of ancient ceremony
Notorious, till all my priceless things
Are but a post the passing dogs defile.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)