- Andy Schmidt penned a song with John Mayer that was set to be used on Stir's unreleased album. A rough demo was reportedly cut, with Mayer on backing vocals and guitar, but the song never materialized past that point and was not included in the studio sessions for the album.
- Andy and Kevin are hockey fans, fans of the St. Louis Blues in particular.
- Before STIR was signed, Andy used to teach private guitar lessons around the St. Louis area.
- Their final show was actually a short acoustic set performed by Andy and Kevin, opening for some local St. Louis bands, in November 2005.
- The original members actually met in high school in St. Charles, MO. Not until college did they form the early beginnings of STIR.
- In 2000, STIR contributed a live version of their song "Climbing The Walls" to the charity album Live in the X Lounge III.
- Stir has toured nationally and internationally with many bands, including Creed, Collective Soul, 3 Doors Down, Tonic, and Train.
Read more about this topic: Stir
Other articles related to "trivia":
... hosted by real strippers, and a special "trivia track" feature that can be turned on or off ... most of the same bonus features as the VIP edition DVD, except the trivia text feature has been reformatted ... The trivia track on the 2010 edition contains some errors, such as a statement that some of the dancers featured in the film were recruited from the XFL football league ...
... website featured a difficult Beatles trivia quiz - devised by Deezen himself - with a $100 prize for anyone who could answer all the questions correctly ... As of May 2011, Deezen is a contributing writer for trivia magazine mental_floss, where most of his articles pertain to facts on The Beatles and ... As of July of 2012, he also writes for the trivia website TodayIFoundOut.com ...
... The Great Midwest Trivia Contest, or Midwest Trivia Contest, is held each year in Appleton, Wisconsin, broadcast over Lawrence University's radio station, WLFM ... It has a claim as the longest-running college bowl trivia contest ... Beginning with Trivia XLI in 2006, the contest went to a webcast-only format after WLFM ceased FM broadcasting ...
... Frequently, he would mention a trivia fact about an unnamed singer before a commercial break, and then provide the name of the singer after returning from the break this later also made its way into ...
Famous quotes containing the word trivia:
“Pop artists deal with the lowly trivia of possessions and equipment that the present generation is lugging along with it on its safari into the future.”
—J.G. (James Graham)
“The most refined skills of color printing, the intricate techniques of wide-angle photography, provide us pictures of trivia bigger and more real than life. We forget that we see trivia and notice only that the reproduction is so good. Man fulfils his dream and by photographic magic produces a precise image of the Grand Canyon. The result is not that he adores nature or beauty the more. Instead he adores his cameraand himself.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)