- A Colombia made use of article 124 of the Rome Statute to exempt war crimes committed by its nationals or on its territory from the jurisdiction of the Court for a period of seven years. The relevant declaration came into force with the coming into force of the Rome Statute, for Colombia, on 1 November 2002 and expired on 31 October 2009.
- B The Rome Statute entered into force for the Faroe Islands on 1 October 2006 and for Greenland on 1 October 2004.
- C France made use of article 124 of the Rome Statute to exempt war crimes committed by its nationals or on its territory from the jurisdiction of the Court for a period of seven years. The relevant declaration came into force with the coming into force of the Rome Statute, for France, on 1 July 2002. France withdrew its declaration on 13 August 2008 with effect from 15 June 2008.
- D Montenegro acceded to the Rome Statute on 3 June 2006 (the date of its independence) per a declaration it sent to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, which was received on 23 October 2006.
- E The Rome Statute does not apply to Tokelau.
- F The Rome Statute entered into force for Anguilla; Bermuda; the British Virgin Islands; the Cayman Islands; the Falkland Islands; Montserrat; the Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands; Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha; the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia; and the Turks and Caicos Islands on 11 March 2010. The Statute entered into force for the Isle of Man on 1 February 2013.
- G The Ivorian government submitted its declaration on 1 October 2003. The declaration is dated 18 April 2003 and accepts the Court's jurisdiction for "acts committed on Ivorian territory since the events of 19 September 2002." The Statute entered into force for Côte d'Ivoire on 1 May 2013, so it is now a state party.
- H The Palestinian National Authority submitted a declaration on 22 January 2009 on behalf of the State of Palestine. The declaration is dated 21 January 2009 and accepts the Court's jurisdiction for "acts committed on the territory of Palestine since 1 July 2002." However, since the Palestinian territories are not universally recognized as a sovereign state, it is unclear whether the Palestinian National Authority has the power to make such a declaration. In April 2012, the Prosecutor of the ICC reached the conclusion that he is unable to determine that Palestine is a "state" for the purposes of the Rome Statute and referred such determination to relevant United Nations authorities or the Assembly of States Parties. According to The Jerusalem Post, "had the ICC accepted the PA's recognition of its jurisdiction, it would have also tacitly accepted its statehood."
- I On 28 August 2002, Israel declared that it no longer intended to ratify the treaty and therefore no longer bears any legal obligations arising from its signature.
- J On 26 August 2008, Sudan declared that it no longer intended to ratify the treaty and therefore no longer bears any legal obligations arising from its signature.
- K On 6 May 2002, the United States of America declared that it no longer intended to ratify the treaty and therefore no longer bears any legal obligations arising from its signature.
Read more about this topic: States Parties To The Rome Statute Of The International Criminal Court
Other articles related to "notes, note":
... key' used on a continuo part to indicate that the notes should be played without harmony tempo time i.e ... touch on a note slightly longer than usual, but without generally altering the note's value ternary having three parts ... a rapid repetition of the same note, or an alternation between two or more notes (often an octave on the piano) ...
... ignited, on fire acciaccato broken down, crushed the sounding of the notes of a chord not quite simultaneously, but from bottom to top ... a very fast grace note that is "crushed" against the note that follows and takes up no value in the measure accompagnato accompanied i.e ... amabile amiable, pleasant amoroso loving anacrusis a note or notes that precede the first full bar a pickup andamento used to refer to a fugue subject of above-average length ...
Famous quotes containing the word notes:
“Of all the horrid, hideous notes of woe,
Sadder than owl-songs or the midnight blast,
Is that portentous phrase, I told you so,
Uttered by friends, those prophets of the past.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“The night is itself sleep
And what goes on in it, the naming of the wind,
Our notes to each other, always repeated, always the same.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)
“In trying to understand the appeal of best-sellers, it is well to remember that whistles can be made sounding certain notes which are clearly audible to dogs and other of the lower animals, though man is incapable of hearing them.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)