St Eval

St Eval is a civil parish and hamlet in north Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The hamlet is situated approximately four miles (6.5 km) southwest of Padstow.

Much of the village land was acquired by compulsory purchase in 1938 to build an RAF Coastal Command Station, RAF St Eval. Many buildings were demolished leaving only the Norman church, the Vicarage, and Trevisker Farm. These buildings were effectively surrounded by RAF activity, and during World War II were taken over for RAF use, with the church tower used as an observation post and navigation mark.

St Eval church has been Incorporated into the combined benefice of St Mawgan, St Ervan and St Eval.

Read more about St Eval:  Prehistoric Settlement At Trevisker Round, Notable Parishioners

Other articles related to "st eval":

479th Antisubmarine Group - History - Operational History
... or 25th Antisubmarine Wing at Langley Field, Virginia and deployed to RAF St Eval in Cornwall England ... At RAF St Eval, the group operated under the control of No 19 Group RAF Coastal Command. 1943 and had some success when based in St Eval, sinking two U-boats and sharing another with an RAF Squadron ...
25th Anti-Submarine Wing - History - Squadrons
... operated from RAF St Eval), moved to St Eval 13 January 1943 2d Antisubmarine Squadron 14 December 1942 - 21 June 1943 (attached to VIII Bomber Command, 2 January 1943 1st Antisubmarine ...
No. 224 Squadron RAF
... The squadron moved to Limavady in April 1941, and St Eval in December 1941 ... In September 1942 the squadron moved first to RAF Beaulieu, then St Eval in April 1943, and Milltown, Scotland in September 1944 ... The squadron returned to St Eval in July 1945 where it converted to Avro Lancasters in October 1946 ...