The secondary schools in the area are:
- Beaumont School
- Loreto College (Roman Catholic, girls)
- Marlborough School
- Nicholas Breakspear School (Roman Catholic)
- Sandringham School
- St Albans Girls' School (girls 11-18, boys 16-18)
- Samuel Ryder Academy (All-through school 4-19)
- Townsend School (Church of England)
- Verulam School (boys 11-18, girls 16-18)
- St Albans School (boys 11-18, girls 16-18)
- St Albans High School for Girls (Church of England, girls)
- St Columba's College (Roman Catholic, boys)
The primary schools in the area are:
- Alban City School (Free School)
- Abbey C of E Voluntary Aided Primary (Church of England)
- Aboyne Lodge
- Bernards Heath Infant
- Bernards Heath Junior
- Camp Primary and Nursery
- Cunningham Hill Infant
- Cunningham Hill Junior
- Fleetville Infant & Nursery
- Fleetville JM
- Garden Fields JMI
- Killigrew Junior School
- Mandeville Primary (St Albans)
- Maple School
- Margaret Wix Primary
- St Adrian's RC Primary School & Nursery (Roman Catholic)
- St Alban & St Stephen Catholic Infant & Nursery (Roman Catholic)
- St Alban & St Stephen Catholic Junior (Roman Catholic)
- St Michael's C of E VA Primary (St Albans) (Church of England)
- St Peter's (St Albans)
- Wheatfields Infants' and Nursery
- Wheatfields Junior
- Windermere Primary
St Albans is the location of two campuses of Oaklands College and of a campus of the University of Hertfordshire.
Read more about this topic: St Albans
Other articles related to "schools, school":
... Residents of Oceanside may attend schools in the Oceanside Unified School District, Vista Unified School District, Bonsall Union School District, or Carlsbad Unified School District, depending on their actual ... The Oceanside Unified School District provides instrumental music programs in grades 4-12 as well as free transportation for students in grades K-5, with the exception for ... The Oceanside Unified School District has two comprehensive high schools, El Camino High School off Rancho Del Oro and Oceanside High School off Mission Avenue ...
... Palmer Stone Elementary School R.L ... Cousins Middle School Oxford College of Emory University ...
... Queen Anne's County Public Schools is a school district in on the Maryland's Eastern Shore and all schools are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools ...
... Norfolk City Public Schools, the public school system, comprises five high schools, eight middle schools, 34 elementary schools, and nine special-purpose/preschools ... In 2005, Norfolk Public Schools won the $1 million Broad Prize for Urban Education award for having demonstrated, "the greatest overall performance and improvement in student achievement while reducing ... There are also a number of private schools located in the city, the oldest of which, Norfolk Academy, was founded in 1728 ...
... In North America, the term school can refer to any educational institution at any level, and covers all of the following preschool (for toddlers), kindergarten ... In the US, school performance through high school is monitored by each state's Department of Education ... Charter schools are publicly funded elementary or secondary schools that have been freed from some of the rules, regulations, and statutes that apply to other public schools ...
Famous quotes containing the word schools:
“Absolute catholicity of taste is not without its dangers. It is only an auctioneer who should admire all schools of art.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“The schools begin with what they call the elements, and where do they end?”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Our good schools today are much better than the best schools of yesterday. When I was your age and a pupil in school, our teachers were our enemies.
Can any thing ... be more painful to a friendly mind, than a necessity of communicating disagreeable intelligence? Indeed it is sometimes difficult to determine, whether the relator or the receiver of evil tidings is most to be pitied.”
—Frances Burney (17521840)