South Moreton is an Oxfordshire village and civil parish in England about 3 miles (5 km) east of Didcot and 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Wallingford. It was part of Berkshire until the 1974 boundary changes transferred the parish to Oxfordshire and from the former Wallingford Rural District to the new district of South Oxfordshire.
Other articles related to "south moreton, south":
... was a campaign against the further expansion of Didcot in the direction of North and South Moreton, and as a result housing sites were approved in the opposite direction. 2013, closing the main road between Didcot and South Moreton for up to five months ... rebuilding as a private House, leaving South Moreton without a Village Hall, although the School Hall is sometimes available for community functions ...
... Fulscot is a hamlet in South Moreton civil parish in South Oxfordshire, about 0.5 miles (800 m) west of the village ... Fulscot consists mainly of a manor farm, and a few cottages on the road from South Moreton to the neighbouring town of Didcot ... The district of South Oxfordshire Oxfordshire County Council elections District Council elections Henley County Constituency Wantage County Constituency Towns Didcot Henley-on-Thames Thame (Mor ...
Famous quotes containing the word south:
“There were metal detectors on the staff-room doors and Hernandez usually had a drawer full of push-daggers, nunchuks, stun-guns, knucks, boot-knives, and whatever else the detectors had picked up. Like Friday morning at a South Miami high school.”
—William Gibson (b. 1948)