The council is divided into ten districts:
- Buccaneer District serves Monroe County.
- Calusa District serves Miami Shores and El Portal, Florida.
- Fireball District serves Medley, Miami Lakes, Miami Springs, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens and Virginia Gardens.
- Hurricane District serves south central Dade County.
- Lighthouse District serves Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Lighthouse Point, Margate, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pompano Beach, Sea Ranch Lakes and Tamarac.
- Pine Island District serves Broward County south of Oakland Park Blvd. and north of Griffin Road.
- Pioneer District serves Aventura, Bay Harbor, Biscayne Park, Miami Beach, Miami Shores, Norland, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Ojus, Opa-locka, Sunny Isles Beach and Surfside.
- Seminole District serves southern Broward County.
- Tequesta District serves parts of Miami.
- Thunderbird District serves Cutler Bay, Goulds, Homestead, Leisure City, Naranja, Perrine, and South Miami Heights, Florida
Read more about this topic: South Florida Council
Other articles related to "organization":
... Beginning in 1986, he created the Grandmasters Association (GMA), an organization to represent professional chess players and give them more say in FIDE's activities ... to play outside FIDE's jurisdiction, under another organization created by Kasparov called the Professional Chess Association (PCA) ... Kasparov tried to organize another World Championship match, under another organization, the World Chess Association (WCA) with Linares organizer Luis ...
... The 3rd Sustainment Brigade has a permanent organization of two attached battalions, however this number can be changed when the unit is deployed in a theater of operations ...
Famous quotes containing the word organization:
“... every womans organization recognizes that reformers are far more common than feminists, that the passion to look after your fellow man, and especially woman, to do good to her in your way is far more common than the desire to put into every ones hand the power to look after themselves.”
—Crystal Eastman (18811928)
“Politics, as a practise, whatever its professions, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds.”
—Henry Brooks Adams (18381918)
“One of the many reasons for the bewildering and tragic character of human existence is the fact that social organization is at once necessary and fatal. Men are forever creating such organizations for their own convenience and forever finding themselves the victims of their home-made monsters.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)