Smoky may refer to:
- Smoky Burgess (1927–1991), American Major League Baseball catcher
- Smoky Dawson (1913–2008), Australian country music performer
- Smoky Greenwell (born 1951), American musician
- Smoky Joe Wood (1889–1985), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Lois Smoky (1907–1981), Kiowa painter
- Smoky Cape, Australia
- Smoky River, Alberta, Canada
- Smoky Lake, Alberta
- Smoky Point, Alaska
- Smoky Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- Smoky Range, a small mountain range in Montana
- Smoky Hills, central United States
- Smoky Mountain (disambiguation)
- Smoky (1933 film), a pre-1940 Fox film starring Victor Jory
- Smoky (1946 film), a film starring Fred MacMurray
- Smoky (1966 film), the 1966 remake, starring Fess Parker
- Smoky (dog), a war dog in World War II
Read more about Smoky: See Also
Other articles related to "smoky":
... The hamlet has two locally significant rural roads near it Little Smoky Road (formerly Highway 745), which connects the hamlet to Highway 665, and Simonette Road, which ... The Little Smoky transfer station is located southwest of the hamlet on Range Road 221 ... Landfill was built northeast of Little Smoky on the corner of Township Road 672 and Range Road 210 ...
... The Smoky Group is a stratigraphical unit of Late Cretaceous age in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin ... It takes the name from the Smoky River, and was first described in outcrops along the banks of the Smoky River, Spirit River and Pouce Coupe Rivers by George Mercer Dawson in 1881 ...
... Smoky the Cow Horse, a novel by Will James Smokey (disambiguation) Smokie (disambiguation) Old Smoky (disambiguation) Great Smoky Mountains, on the ...
... The smoky mouse, fausse souris fuligineuse, or raton bastardo fumoso (Pseudomys fumeus) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae native to ... in 1934 and its species name is Latin "smoky" ... As its name suggests, it is a grey-furred mouse, darker grey above and paler smoky grey below ...
... Little Smoky is a hamlet in northwest Alberta, Canada within the Municipal District of Greenview No ... The hamlet is adjacent to the Little Smoky River ...
Famous quotes containing the word smoky:
“Weve looked and looked, but after all where are we?
Do we know any better where we are,
And how it stands between the night tonight
And a man with a smoky lantern chimney?
How different from the way it ever stood?”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“Justice shines in very smoky homes, and honors the righteous; but the gold-spangled mansions where the hands are unclean she leaves with eyes averted.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)
“O sleep, O gentle sleep,
Natures soft nurse, how have I frighted thee,
That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down
And steep my senses in forgetfulness?
Why rather, sleep, liest thou in smoky cribs,
Upon uneasy pallets stretching thee,
And hushed with buzzing night-flies to thy slumber,
Than in the perfumed chambers of the great,
Under the canopies of costly state,
And lulled with sound of sweetest melody?”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)