- In the present tense for the first and second conjugation, the ending for the first person singular is often -м (-m) and for the plural is -ме (-me) instead of -а/я (-a/ja) and -м (-m), respectively, as in standard Bulgarian. Example: Shopski я седим, ние седиме (ja sedim, nie sedime) vs standard Bulgarian аз седя, ние седим (az sedja, nie sedim) (I am sitting, we are sitting)
- Most often the particle for the forming of the future tense is че (če) (Sofia dialect), ке (k'e) (Samokov dialect) or ше (še) (Elin Pelin dialect), instead of standard ще (šte). The form še is used in the more urbanized areas and is rather common in the colloquial speech of Sofia in general. Example: Shopski че одим, ше ода, ке ода/одим (ше) ода (če odim, še oda, k'е oda/odim) vs standard Bulgarian ще ходя (šte hodja) (I will be going)
Read more about this topic: Shopi, Dialects, Features Characteristic of The Sofia and Elin Pelin Dialects
Other articles related to "morphology":
... the find on the discovery site, have verified this aspect of typical Neanderthalians features (morphology of eye-sockets and upper orbit osseous thickening, lack of canine fossa ...
Morphology may mean:
- Morphology (linguistics), the study of the structure and content of word forms
- Morphology (biology), the study of the form or shape of an organism or part thereof
- Morphology (molecular), study of how the shape and form of molecules affect their chemical properties, dynamic reconfiguration and interactions
- Morphology (astronomy), the shape of astronomical objects such as nebulae, galaxies, or other extended objects
- Morphology (folkloristics), the structure of narratives such as folk tales
- Geomorphology, the study of landforms
- Mathematical morphology, a theoretical model based on lattice theory, used for digital image processing
- Morphology (Architecture and Engineering), a research, which is based on theories of two dimensional and three dimensional symmetries, and then uses these geometries for planning buildings and structures.
- River morphology, the field of science dealing with changes of river platform
- Urban morphology, the study of growth and development of functions in cities
- Morphological analysis (disambiguation)
- Morphology (materials science), the study of shape, size, texture and phase distribution of physical objects.
- Morphology (ideology), the study of the conceptual structure of ideologies, and the rules defining the admissibility of meanings into concepts.
- Morphology (journal), ISSN 1871-5621
... The species lived in Asia and probably inhabited bamboo forests, since its fossils are often found alongside those of extinct ancestors of the panda ... Most evidence points to Gigantopithecus being a plant-eater ...
... A new synthetic approach, called nanofiber seeding, was developed to control the bulk morphology of chemically synthesized electronic organic polymers ... Conventional synthesis yields polyaniline having granular morphology ... reaction is seeded by 2-4 mg (seed quantities) of added nanofibers, the bulk morphology changes dramatically from granular to nano-fibrillar ...
Famous quotes containing the word morphology:
“I ascribe a basic importance to the phenomenon of language.... To speak means to be in a position to use a certain syntax, to grasp the morphology of this or that language, but it means above all to assume a culture, to support the weight of a civilization.”
—Frantz Fanon (19251961)