Characters are designed by Suzuhito Yasuda.
- Protagonist (主人公, Shujinkō?)
- Referred to as the Hero, he is the main character of the story. His personality is shaped through the player's decisions. He is Naoya's cousin. In the game, it is revealed at some point that he is the actual incarnation of Abel, the first martyr, thus making him a "Bel", and allowing him to take part in the "war of Bel", a battle between high-ranking demons whose name name contains "Bel". By winning this war, he can become the new Bel, a divine entity. He is voiced by Takahiro Mizushima in the Drama CD. In the manga adaptation, he is named Kazuya Minegishi.
- Yuzu Tanikawa
- The protagonist's childhood friend since elementary school, who struggles to deal with the strain of constant danger and wishes to run away from it all. She has a huge crush on the Protagonist, but should he choose to become the new Overlord, she will leave the party, disagreeing with the idea of waging war against God. She is voiced by Minori Chihara in the Drama CD, Ayako Kawasumi in the Japanese version of Overclocked and Melissa Fahn in the English version.
- Atsuro Kihara
- The protagonist's childhood friend who is a computer savvy, often proclaiming himself as Naoya's apprentice. Although a genius, he hardly has a studious personality and is very gregarious. He wishes to control the demons, erasing their threat and benefiting mankind. In Overclocked during Naoya/Kaido 8th Day, it's revealed he has a crush on Yuzu. He is voiced by Atsushi Abe in the Drama CD/Overclocked and Spike Spencer in the English version of Overclocked.
- Midori Komaki
- A famous and excitable cosplayer whose alias is Dolly. After receiving a COMP, she strives to save everyone from the demons, claiming that she is Magical Dolly, who administers magical punishment to demons. She is voiced by Kana Asumi in Drama CD, Mariya Ise in Japanese version of Overclocked and Erin Fitzgerald in the English version.
- Keisuke Takagi
- Atsuro's old friend from middle school. Although he appears timid, he has a strong sense of justice and righteousness, almost to a fault when he summoned Yama, the judge of the underworld. He is voiced by Yūki Kaji in Overclocked and Makoto Naruse in the Drama CD. He is voiced by Doug Erholtz in the English version
- Yoshino Harusawa
- Also known as Haru, she is a famous singer who was previously in the band D-VA. She appears depressed and tends to rant because of her outlook on life. She's capable of attracting demons through her singing. She seems interested with the Protagonist. She is voiced by Junko Minagawa in Japan for Drama CD/Overclocked and Amanda Winn Lee in the English version
- Mari Mochizuki
- Atsuro's kind and caring tutor from middle school, who is now an elementary school nurse. She is looking for the killer who murdered her lover, Kaido's older brother, and teamed up with a vampire slayer named Kresnik. She is voiced by Shiho Kawaragi in the Japanese version of Overclocked and Kimberly Brooks in the English version.
- Amane Kuzuryu
- The mysterious yet charismatic maiden of the Shomonkai. She is one of few people who can summon demons without a COMP. She shares her goal with an angel named Remiel who lives inside her. She's also becoming a vessel for one of Bel demons, Jezebel. She is voiced by Yui Kano in the Drama CD, Mamiko Noto in Japanese version of Overclocked and Laura Bailey in the English version.
- Tadashi Nikaido
- Known as Kaido, he is the leader of a gang called the Shibuya Daemons. Although he appears intimidating, he is known to be quite helpful. He strives for world domination and has a lingering crush on Mari, his older brother's lover. Like her, he also strives to find his older brother's killer. He is voiced by Kentarō Itō in Drama CD, Yasuhiro Mamiya in Overclocked and Travis Willingham in the English version.
- Eiji Kamiya
- Also known as Gin, he is the owner of a bar called "Eiji" and acts as a guardian to Haru. He used to be uncaring about life, but met Aya, the lead singer of D-VA, and cared more. Gin continues to search for Aya, who went missing. He is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi in Drama CD/Overclocked and Josh Gilman in the English version.
- The Protagonist's cousin, who lived with the Protagonist until he moved to Aoyama a year before the story. He was the one who wrote the Demon Summoning Program. In his and Amane's route, it's revealed he is the reincarnation of Cain, the first murderer in history who killed his own brother, Abel, which reincarnated as the Protagonist. Because of this, he is punished by God to be reincarnated with all of his previous past lives memories carved within him, resulting Naoya holds grudge against God. He wishes for the Protagonist to become the King of Bel and rebel against God to achieve his revenge. He is voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya in the Drama CD, Kishō Taniyama in Japanese version of Overclocked and Kyle Hebert in the English version.
- Yasuyuki Honda
- An office worker who is trying to escape the lockdown so he can be by his son's side during his operation. He teams up with Kaido during battles. He is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda in the Japanese version of Overclocked and Kirk Thornton in the English.
- Misaki Izuna
- A member of a special government unit that is attempting to rid Japan of all the demons. She values her mission above all else and does not believe that the government's solution is just. She is voiced by Karen Strassman in the English version.
- A journalist who occasionally meets the protagonist and his friends. She is adept at gathering information. Her mentor was a friend of 10BIT, Atsuro's internet friend. She is voiced by Akeno Watanabe in the Japanese version of Overclocked.
- Black Frost
- He appeared as Jack Frost, but after having conversation with Midori about "the power of love" he became Black Frost and in certain routes he becomes an ally. He makes a cameo appearance in Devil Survivor 2.
- He is a mysterious man who knows Naoya, and appears in front of the Protagonist and his friends, giving them a hint on how to defeat Beldr and informs them about the war for the Throne of Bel. He is later revealed to be Loki, a trickster god who does everything merely for his own amusement. He is voiced by Vic Mignogna in the English Version.
Other articles related to "characters, character":
... The title character, whose full name is Adam Seymour Duckstein (voiced by Jim J ... is the only member of the cast that is actually gay, and that he had insisted that the character be voiced by someone gay ... This follows the tradition of semi-nudity of cartoon characters exemplified by Porky Pig, Donald Duck, Top Cat, etc ...
... At the conclusion of Vault of the Drow, the characters find an astral gate leading to the Abyssal realm of Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, goddess of the drow elves and architect of the sinister plot described ... The player characters are transported to another plane and cast into the labyrinth known as the Demonweb ... In order to return home, the characters must find their way out of the web and then defeat the evil demigoddess Lolth in her lair ...
... The game's main characters and bosses are Leonardo — Another apprentice magician who appears at Normoon and at Brannoch Castle near the end of the game ... Though not a main character, he still manages to help Brian by providing healing items in a room within Brannoch Castle ...
... rescue Sandy the game starts with a prompt for the player to select two of six characters to accompany Dave ... a graphic adventure game in which the player uses a point-and-click interface to guide characters through a two-dimensional (2D) game world and to solve puzzles ... with this scheme examples include "Walk to", to move the characters "New kid", to switch between the three characters and "Pick up", to collect objects ...
... A typewriter or electromechanical printer can print characters on paper, and execute operations such as move the carriage back to the left margin of the same line (carriage return), advance to the ... were transmitted in exactly the same way as printable characters by sending control characters with defined functions (e.g ... the line feed character forced the carriage to move to the same position on the next line) to teleprinters ...
Famous quotes containing the word characters:
“Philosophy is written in this grand bookI mean the universe
which stands continually open to our gaze, but it cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language and interpret the characters in which it is written. It is written in the language of mathematics, and its characters are triangles, circles, and other geometrical figures, without which it is humanly impossible to understand a single word of it.”
—Galileo Galilei (15641642)
“There are as many characters in men
As there are shapes in nature.”
—Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso)
“We are like travellers using the cinders of a volcano to roast their eggs. Whilst we see that it always stands ready to clothe what we would say, we cannot avoid the question whether the characters are not significant of themselves.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)