Shell Access Doors

Some articles on shell, access:

Gas Holder - Dry-seal Wiggins Type Gasholder - Main Elements - Main Tank
... Tank shell The shell of the tank is designed to accommodate the imposed loads and the general data supplied by the client ... The shell is of butt-welded design and is gas tight for approximately 40% of its lower vertical height (known as the gas space) at which point the seal angle is located ... The remaining upper 60% (known as the air space) of the shell has in it various apertures for access and ventilation ...

Famous quotes containing the words doors, shell and/or access:

    Some hours seem not to be occasion for any deed, but for resolves to draw breath in. We do not directly go about the execution of the purpose that thrills us, but shut our doors behind us and ramble with prepared mind, as if the half were already done. Our resolution is taking root or hold on the earth then, as seeds first send a shoot downward which is fed by their own albumen, ere they send one upward to the light.
    Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862)

    Billy: You dropped some shell in there.
    Ted: It’s all right. Makes it crunchier that way. You like French toast crunchy, don’t you?
    Robert Benton (b. 1932)

    The Hacker Ethic: Access to computers—and anything which might teach you something about the way the world works—should be unlimited and total.
    Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative!
    All information should be free.
    Mistrust authority—promote decentralization.
    Hackers should be judged by their hacking, not bogus criteria such as degrees, age, race, or position.
    You can create art and beauty on a computer.
    Computers can change your life for the better.
    Steven Levy, U.S. writer. Hackers, ch. 2, “The Hacker Ethic,” pp. 27-33, Anchor Press, Doubleday (1984)