Shau Kei Wan

Shau Kei Wan (Chinese: 筲箕灣) or Shaukeiwan, Shaukiwan is a town in The Eastern District, located in the north east of Hong Kong Island. Literally, Shau Kei means a pail, and Wan implies that the town is developed along the coast. Nowadays it is a relatively densely populated town compared with some developing areas.

Read more about Shau Kei Wan:  Name, History, Environment

Other articles related to "wan, shau kei wan":

List Of Grade II Historic Buildings In Hong Kong - Eastern District
12 Oil Street, North Point Lyemun Barracks Block 07 Lei Yue Mun, Chai Wan Shing Wong Temple Kam Wa Street, Shau Kei Wan Tin Hau Temple No. 53, Shau Kei Wan Main Street East, Shau Kei Wan Woodside No ...
Shau Kei Wan - Environment
... There are two Champion Trees in Shau Kei Wan, both of which are located on Shau Kei Wan Main Street East by the side of the road ... One is located beside Shau Kei Wan Government School ...
List Of Secondary Schools In Hong Kong - Secondary Schools in Hong Kong - Eastern District
... Belilios Public School Canossa College Caritas Chai Wan Marden Foundation Secondary School Caritas Lok Yi School - special-needs school for intellectual ...
Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School - History - Introduction
... Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School was founded in 1961 ... It moved to its present premises at 42 Chai Wan Road, Shau Kei Wan in the autumn of 1964 and was officially opened on 19 November 1964 ... A repeated wrong answered question in Yahoo Answer is why it's called Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School, but not Chai Wan Government Secondary School ...
Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School
... Shau Kei Wan Government Secondary School (SGSS, 筲箕灣官立中學) is a co-educational grammar school operated by the Hong Kong Government in Hong Kong ... Located in Shau Kei Wan, the school was founded in 1961 and its medium of instruction is English ...

Famous quotes containing the word wan:

    one pale woman all alone,
    The daylight kissing her wan hair,
    Loitered beneath the gas lamps’ flare,
    With lips of flame and heart of stone.
    Oscar Wilde (1854–1900)