The Secretary of State's Office is composed of seven divisions:
- The Building & Grounds Division maintains the Arkansas State Capitol and its surrounding grounds and gardens.
- The Business & Commercial Services Division is responsible for filing liens pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code, registering business entities and trademarks, collecting the state franchise tax, and licensing notaries public.
- The Communications & Education Division provides public education about civics and the History of Arkansas, and produces various state publications.
- The Elections Division administers elections, regulates campaign finance and lobbying, and ensures compliance with state and federal election laws.
- The Fiscal Office deals with the internal financial, logistical, and personnel matters of the Office of the Secretary of State. They also distribute the Arkansas and United States flag.
- The Secretary also runs the State Capitol Gift Shop.
- The State Capitol Police provide security for the State Capitol building and police services for the Capitol Complex.
Read more about this topic: Secretary Of State Of Arkansas
Other articles related to "organization":
... of the Latin Union, of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States and of the Organization of Ibero-American ... of the Rio Group, of the Latin Union, of the Association of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of ... of Spanish Language Academies, of the Organization of American States, of the Organization of Ibero-American States and of the Union of South American Nations ...
... The 3rd Sustainment Brigade has a permanent organization of two attached battalions, however this number can be changed when the unit is deployed in a theater ...
Famous quotes containing the word organization:
“In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong with the majority than to be right alone.”
—John Kenneth Galbraith (b. 1908)
“Democracy means the organization of society for the benefit and at the expense of everybody indiscriminately and not for the benefit of a privileged class.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)
“Prostitution is the most hideous of the afflictions produced by the unequal distribution of the worlds goods; this infamy stigmatizes the human species and bears witness against the social organization far more than does crime.”
—Flora Tristan (18031844)