- 1972- 1974: Lecturer of Political Science, Dayanand College, Hisar
- 1974- 1977: Professor of Political Science, Jat College, Hisar
- 1977- 1979: Political Secy. To Ch. Devi Lal, C.M. Haryana
- 1980: Election conveyor for Ch. Devi Lal during 7th Lok Sabha Elections
- 1980: By Election, Contested election from Bhattu Kalan
- 1981: State Youth Party President till 1984. Voluntary resigned at the age of 35years to make way for other youth members.
- 1982: Elected to 6th Vidhan Sabha, Bhattu Kalan Constituency, Member, Schedule Caste & Welfare Society of Haryana Vidhan Sabha
- 1984: District Party President, Hisar till 1987
- 1987: Elected to 7th Vidhan Sabha, Bhattu Kalan Constituency, Minister of Industry, Excise & Taxation, Town & Country Planning, Home, Local Bodies, Jails, Public Relations, Irrigation & Power, Finance, Parliamentary Affairs & Planning
- 1991: Elected to 8th Vidhan Sabha, Bhattu Kalan Constituency, Leader of Opposition, Haryana
- 1996: Contested election from Bhattu Kalan
- 1998: By Election, Elected to 9th Vidhan Sabha, Fatehabad Constituency, Chairman, Assurance Committee, Haryana Vidhan Sabha
- 1999: Cabinet Minister for Finance, Parliamentary Affairs & Planning
- 2000: Elected to 10th Vidhan Sabha, Bhattu Kalan Constituency, Cabinet Minister for Finance, Parliamentary Affairs & Planning
- 2005: Contested election from Bhattu Kalan
- 2008: By Election, Contested election from Adampur
- 2009: Contested 15th Lok Sabha Election from Hisar constituency.He lost this election with very low margin of around 6900 votes.
- 2009: (14 Jul)Prof Sampat Singh quit INLD after remaining associated with the INLD for 32 long years since the time of party supremo and former deputy Chief Minister Devi Lal.
- 2009: (27 Jul) Prof Sampat Singh joined congress party in Chandigarh. He was welcomed by Sh Bhupender Singh Hooda with words “The right man has come to the right party".
- 2009: (22 Oct) Prof Sampat Singh won as Congress Candidate from Nalwa constituency in Hisar dist. With this, he has become 6 times legislator in state assembly thus making him most experienced Congress legislator in 12th Vidhansabha. He defeated Bhajanlal's wife Jasma Devi with a huge margin of 10901 votes. Nalwa, considered to be a pocket borough of Bhajanlal, but Prof Sampat Singh's clean image came heavily on Bhajan lal's cast politics. It was first defeat of Bhajanlal clan in state politics.
Read more about this topic: Sampat Singh
Other articles related to "political career, political, career":
... But for this act of rashness he might have enjoyed the task of carrying into effect the home constitution for the government of India which he sketched in his evidence before the select committee of the House of Commons on Indian territories on 8 June 1852 ... Paying off his old score against the East India Company, he then advocated the abolition of the court of directors as a governing body, the opening of the civil service to the army, the transference of the government to the crown, and the appointment of a council to advise the minister who should take the place of the President of the Board of Control ...
... Nawaz Sharif started his political career during the time of nationalisation policy of former Prime minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto ... the Punjab Advisory Board under General Zia-ul-Haq and principally rose to public and political prominence as a staunch proponent of the military government of General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq during the 1980s ... During his political career, Sharif also had close ties with the Director-General of ISI, Lieutenant-General (retired) Hamid Gul, who played a substantial role in the formation of the Islami Jamhoori ...
... to implicate McGreevey when he admitted in federal court to extorting $40,000 in cash and political donations from Mark Halper, a Middlesex County farmer who was fighting a government plan to condemn his ...
... whose musical legacy includes hundreds of political, traditional and children's songs, ballads and improvised works ... In 1930, he had a brief, local radio career on WBOW radio in Terre Haute, Indiana, and in the 1940s he had his own radio show, titled The Wayfaring Stranger, titled after one of the popular ... The group's political associations in the era of the Red Scare forced them to break up in 1952 they re-formed in 1955 with a series of successful concerts and album recordings on Vanguard Records ...
... During the Civil War, Hyde served in the King's council as Chancellor of the Exchequer, and was one of the more moderate figures in the royalist camp ... By 1645 his moderation, and the enmity of Henrietta Maria, had alienated him from the King, and he was made guardian to the Prince of Wales, with whom he fled to Jersey in 1646 ...
Famous quotes related to political career:
“It is my settled opinion, after some years as a political correspondent, that no one is attracted to a political career in the first place unless he is socially or emotionally crippled.”
—Auberon Waugh (b. 1939)