Honours and Awards
- This article incorporates information from the equivalent article on the Russian Wikipedia.
- Three Glinka Awards (not Glinka Prizes)
- 1905 - for the first sextet (nominated by Glazunov, Liadov, Balakirev)
- 1912 - for his symphonic poem "Siren"
- 1914 - for Third Symphony ("Ilya of Murom")
- 1937 - Order of the Red Banner of Labour - a musical drama "Gyulsary"
- 1938 - Order of the Badge of Honour
- Three Orders of Lenin
- 1945 - "for outstanding achievements in the field of music and to honor the 70th anniversary of"
- 1950 - "for outstanding achievements in the field of music and to honor the 75th anniversary of"
- 1955 - "for outstanding achievements in the field of music and to honor the 80th anniversary of"
- Three Stalin Prizes, first class
- 1946 - a concerto for coloratura soprano and orchestra
- 1948 - for the Fourth String Quartet.
- 1950 - for the ballet "The Bronze Horseman" (1949)
- Twice Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1925 and 1927)
- People's Artist of the Azerbaijani SSR (1934) - for "special services to workers and the development of the new Turkic musical culture," for his years of work on the creation of the opera "Shahsanam")
- People's Artist of RSFSR (1935)
- People's Artist of the Uzbek SSR (1937) - for creation of the musical drama "Gyulsary").
- People's Artist of USSR (1938)
Read more about this topic: Reinhold Glière
Other articles related to "honours, award, honours and awards":
... can be in the form of either single honours or combined honours degrees, most of which are available for study on either a full-time or part-time basis ... With a combined honours degree, a student may choose to study two different subjects in one of two ways Major/Minor combinations, where the student spends ... The award would be for example, BA (Hons) History with English Literature Joint combinations where two subjects are studied equally ...
... In the Queen's Birthday Honours of 1971, he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) ... In the Australia Day Honours of 1979, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) ...
... See also List of honours of the Luxembourgish Grand-Ducal Family by country. ...
Famous quotes containing the word honours:
“Vain men delight in telling what Honours have been done them, what great Company they have kept, and the like; by which they plainly confess, that these Honours were more than their Due, and such as their Friends would not believe if they had not been told: Whereas a Man truly proud, thinks the greatest Honours below his Merit, and consequently scorns to boast. I therefore deliver it as a Maxim that whoever desires the Character of a proud Man, ought to conceal his Vanity.”
—Jonathan Swift (16671745)