- The NSSA National Youth Regatta is the largest dinghy sailing regatta and the largest youth sailing regatta in the UK. Due to its size the NYR visits a new location each year alternating between coastal and inland venues. Previous years venues include Bridlington (North Yorkshire), Datchet Sailing Club (West London) Plymouth (Devon), Redcar (North East England), Deal (Kent), Grafham Water (Cambridgeshire), Weymouth (Dorset) to name just a few.
- Mallory Cup, United States high school sailing national championships.
- The Brentwood Regatta is held in the spring and is one of the largest high school rowing regattas on the west coast of North America.
- Royal College Colombo, Oldest Regatta in Sri Lanka. (Royal-Thomian)
- Sywoc, the Student Yachting World Cup organized by the students of the École Polytechnique.
- Nixor College, the first college in Pakistan to launch a 'RAFT' regatta for team building.
Read more about this topic: Regatta
Famous quotes containing the word school:
“School divides life into two segments, which are increasingly of comparable length. As much as anything else, schooling implies custodial care for persons who are declared undesirable elsewhere by the simple fact that a school has been built to serve them.”
—Ivan Illich (b. 1926)