Awards and Honors
- 1960-1961 American Veterinary Medical Association Fellow University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- 1961-1964 Pennsylvania Plan Scholar University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- 1983 Award in Biological and Medical Sciences New York Academy of Sciences
- 1984 Harvey Society Lecturer
- 1986 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 1986 Member of the Institute of Medicine National Academy of Sciences
- 1987 Honored by an International Symposium W. Alton Jones Cell Science Center
- 1987 Member of the National Academy of Sciences
- 1989 Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 1989 Distinguished Service Award U.S. Department of Agriculture
- 1991 Nobel Symposium Invited Lecturer, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1992 Fellow American Academy of Microbiology
- 1992 Juan March Foundation Lecture Madrid, Spain
- 1992 Pioneer Award of the International Embryo Transfer Society
- 1994 Gran Prix Charles-Leopold Mayer highest honor of the French Academy of Sciences (with Richard Palmiter)
- 1994 Doctor Honoris Causa in Medicine University of the Basque Country, Spain
- 1995 Alumni Award of Merit University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine
- 1996 March of Dimes Prize in Developmental Biology with Beatrice Mintz (inaugural year)
- 1997 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science Franklin Institute
- 1997 Carl Hartman Award of the Society for the Study of Reproduction
- 1997 John Scott Medal for Scientific Achievement City Trusts of Philadelphia
- 1998 Honored by a Special Festschrift Issue, dedicated to Dr. Brinster and the worldwide impact of his contributions; International Journal of Developmental Biology
- 1998 Pioneer in Reproduction Research Award National Institute of Child Health & Human Development
- 1999 George Hammel Cook Distinguished Alumni Award Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- 2000 Charlton Lecture Tufts University School of Medicine
- 2000 Honorary Doctor of Science Degree from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- 2001 Ernst W. Bertner Award University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, in recognition of pioneering contributions to cancer research.
- 2003 Wolf Prize in Medicine, Israel "for the development of procedures to manipulate mouse ova and embryos, which has enabled transgenesis and its applications in mice". with Mario Capecchi and Oliver Smithies
- 2003 Selected for the Hall of Honor National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (15 members, total)
- 2006 Gairdner Foundation International Award, Canada "for pioneering discoveries in germ line modification in mammals."
- 2010 National Medal of Science, United States "for fundamental contributions to the development and use of transgenic mice."
- 2011 International Society of Transgenic Technology Award
Read more about this topic: Ralph L. Brinster
Other articles related to "awards and honors, award, awards":
... Massenet's Manon with Gheorghiu in the title role won the 2001 Gramophone Award for "Best Opera Recording", was nominated for "Best Opera Recording" in the 2002 Grammy Awards ... brought her the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis award in 2002 ... She also won Diapason d'Or Awards, Choc du Monde de la Musique in France, Cecilia Prize in Belgium, the Echo Award, the Italian Musica e dischi, Foreign Lyric Production Award ...
... During its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film Sound ...
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...
Famous quotes containing the word honors:
“My hearts subdued
Even to the very quality of my lord.
I saw Othellos visage in his mind,
And to his honors and his valiant parts
Did I my soul and fortunes consecrate.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)