There have been fourteen terror attacks on Mumbai's public transportation, including two serial blasts, in 2003 and 2006, that killed approximately 257 people, and the 2008 attacks, during which more than 50 were killed at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- 6 December 2002 - Bomb goes off in a bus in Ghatkopar killing 2
- 27 January 2003 - Bomb goes off on a bicycle in Vile Parle killing 1
- 14 March 2003 - Bomb goes off in a train in Mulund killing 10
- 28 July 2003 - Bomb goes off in a bus in Ghatkopar killing 4
- 25 August 2003 - Two bombs go off in cars near the Gateway of India and Zaveri Bazaar killing 50
- 11 July 2006 - Series of seven bombs go off in trains killing 207
- 26 November 2008- 2008 Mumbai attacks: Ten terrorists from Pakistan target the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower and Nariman House, killing nearly 150 people in the deadliest terror attack of 2008 worldwide.
Read more about this topic: Public Transport In Mumbai
Other articles related to "terror attacks, attack, attacks":
... process and the eruption of the Second Intifada, which included increased Palestinian terror attacks being made against Israeli civilians, led much of the Israeli public and political leadership to lose ... Due to an increase in terror attacks during the Second Intifada, mainly carried out by Hamas against Israeli civilians, Israeli troops began conducting regular raids and arrests inside the West Bank ... part of Israel, after a lethal suicide attack in the Park Hotel in Netanya which happened on March 27, 2002, in which 30 Jews were murdered, Sharon ordered ...
... Since 2006, there have been a number of terrorist attacks, including explosions in a landmark holy place, a court and a temple ...
... at the House of Lords Glenn Shadbolt, 22, said the horrific effect of the attack had been exacerbated by the complete lack of help ... in the wake of being caught up in attacks abroad ... Annalie Vickers, 31, in the Egypt attacks, said that less than 15% of travel insurance policies provide cover for terrorism ...
... Attacks on art galleries and churches left ten dead with many injured, and caused outrage among Italians ... Provenzano reportedly protested about the terroristic attacks, but Bagarella responded sarcastically, telling Provenzano to wear a sign saying "I don't have anything to do with the massacres" ...
Famous quotes containing the words attacks and/or terror:
“I find that with me low spirits and feeble health come and go together. The last two or three months I have had frequent attacks of the blues. They generally are upon me or within me when I am somewhat out of order in bowels, throat, or head.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“There is no terror in a bang, only in the anticipation of it.”
—Alfred Hitchcock (18991980)