Mumbai's public transport primarily comprises the famed suburban railway lines, the bus services of the three municipalities making up the metropolitan area, public cabs/taxis and auto rickshaws, as well as ferry services:
- Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST)
- Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) operates its A.C. Volvo buses from Navi Mumbai to Bandra, Dadar, Mantralaya & Borivali and non ac buses from Navi-Mumbai to Mulund (East & West).
- Thane Municipal Transport (TMT) operates its buses from Thane to Mulund and Borivali.
- Suburban electric trains:
- Western Railway, running between Churchgate and Virar. There are plans to extend this service up to Dahanu in near future.
- Central Railway, running between Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus and Karjat/Kasara.
- Harbour Railway, running between Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus and Panvel / Andheri. A new line has extended the Harbour Line from Thane to Vashi/Panvel.
- Public taxi/autorickshaw services:
- Black and yellow metered taxis
- Radio Taxis: Silver Green run by Meru and Yellow Red by Gold cabs and Black by Mega cabs.
- Blue and silver airconditioned metered taxis known as Cool Cabs
- Black and yellow metered Autorickshaws which are not allowed in the Central area (between Colaba & Mahim in the West and Colaba and Sion in the East) of the city.
- Waterway services:
- Ferry services connect Vashi (in Navi Mumbai) to the Gateway of India.
- Ferry services are available to visit Elephanta Caves and to nearby places such as Alibaug, Rewas and Mandwa.
- Ferry services is also available in northern Mumbai, across the Manori Creek. The barges operate at regular intervals across the shallow creek linking Manori to Malad
- Ferry also connects Versova and Madh Island
You can use various web sites like www.smartshehar.com and their web (www.smartshehar.com/busapp & www.smartshehar.com/trainapp) and android apps (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartshehar.dashboard.app) to help your commute using public transport in Mumbai.
Read more about this topic: Public Transport In Mumbai
Other articles related to "primary systems, system":
... This type of system is in place in the US and results in the local populations getting a say in the party’s choice of candidate for election ... With this system in place party coherence will suffer as they cannot guarantee that the party elite's choice wins and therefore they will not be able to ensure the ... There are very few examples of primary systems in use in Europe ...
Famous quotes containing the words systems and/or primary:
“We have done scant justice to the reasonableness of cannibalism. There are in fact so many and such excellent motives possible to it that mankind has never been able to fit all of them into one universal scheme, and has accordingly contrived various diverse and contradictory systems the better to display its virtues.”
—Ruth Benedict (18871948)
“The primary function of a theater is not to please itself, or even to please its audience. It is to serve talent.”
—Robert Brustein (b. 1927)