Places for People has won various awards, including the What House Award two years running for its Wolverton Park development in Milton Keynes - in 2009 for Best Large Development, and 2010 for Best Brownfield Development. Wolverton Park was also named Best Large Development at the Evening Standard New Homes Awards 2010.
Other awards include:
- St Thomas' School, where a school has been rebuilt using the proceeds of 69 apartments built above it, was named the Best Partnership between a Developer and the Public Sector, at the Housebuilder Innovation Awards. The regeneration of Walker Riverside in Newcastle was highly commended in the Community Award category.
- The regeneration of St Paul's Park in Bristol was awarded a Green Flag Award. The Green Flag Award is the national standard for parks and green spaces in England and Wales, and complements the Local Government Street Design Award which was won by the park in 2008.
- Places for People's housing management degree course for employees, run by De Montfort University, won an Innovation Award in the ‘Best training/staff initiative’ category.
- The Housing Corporation's 2008 Gold Award for Worklessness. This award recognises work to get people into jobs, training and employment as well as supporting new and existing businesses.
- The Housing Corporation's 2007 Gold Award for Environmental Sustainability.
- Its development at Granton Waterfront picked up both Best Residential Project and Best Regeneration Project at the Scottish Design Awards 2007.
- Kush Housing Association, based in Hackney and providing housing to people who are primarily of black and minority ethnic origin, won Outstanding Community Project for Young People at the Black Housing Awards 2007 for its Akaba (steps to employment) project.
Read more about this topic: Places For People
Other articles related to "awards, award":
... In 2012, 3D Systems began partnering with the 90-year-old Scholastic Art Writing Awards in the Future New category ... For this branch of the Scholastic Awards, students will be challenged to express bold and innovative ideas using new technologies ... Systems will offer students free 3D design software to facilitate their creations and will award three winners with a $1000 scholarship ...
... During its time, The A-Team was nominated for 3 Emmy Awards In 1983 (Outstanding Film Sound Mixing for a Series) for the pilot episode, in 1984 (Outstanding Film ...
2002 – Teen Choice Awards – TV – Choice Breakout Star, Female (The Osbournes) – Won 2003 – Teen Choice Awards – Favorite TV Personality – Nominated 2003 – Teen Choice Awards ...
... Actress and Best Cinematography) Diahann Carroll (Presenter Best Visual Effects, Documentary Awards Honorary Award to Onna White) Tony Curtis (Presenter Best ...
... John W ... Campbell Award for Best New Writer of 2000 or 2001 Kristine Smith ...