- Bill Paxton (born 1955), American actor
- Elisha F. Paxton (1828–1863), American Civil War general in the Confederate army
- Gary S. Paxton (born 1938), American musician, producer
- Geoffrey Paxton, Australian Anglican minister
- George Paxton, American 1930s and 1940s big band leader, composer, and arranger
- James Paxton (born 1994), American actor
- John Paxton (1911–1985), American screenwriter
- John Paxton (footballer) (born 1890) English footballer
- John M. Paxton, Jr. (born 1951), United States Marine Corps Lieutenant General, Director for Operations, J-3, Joint Staff
- Sir Joseph Paxton (1803–1865), English architect and botanist, designed the Crystal Palace for the Great Exhibition of 1851
- Lonie Paxton (born 1978), American NFL pro football player
- Mike Paxton (born 1953), American MLB pro baseball player
- Richard Paxton (1956–2006), English architect
- Robert Paxton (born 1932), American historian
- Sara Paxton (born 1988), American actress, musician
- Steve Paxton (born 1939), American experimental dancer and choreographer
- Thomas Paxton (1820–1887), Ontario businessman and politician
- Sir Thomas Paxton, 1st Baronet, Lord Provost of Glasgow from 1920 to 1923
- Thomas Paxton (1754–1804), captain of HMS Speedy (1798), lost in Lake Ontario
- Tom Paxton (born 1937), American folk musician, singer-songwriter
- See Paxton's Tower for William Paxton, (1745-1824) London merchant and banker
- William Paxton (Australian businessman)(1818–1893) Englishman who made a fortune in South Australia
- William McGregor Paxton (1869–1941), American artist
- Given names
- Paxton Boys, American frontiersmen, vigilantes from Paxtang, Pennsylvania
- Paxton Whitehead, British actor
- Emma Paxton, main character in The Lying Game series by Sara Shepard
- John Frederick Paxton, fictional character in Star Trek leading Terra Prime
- Sonya Paxton, a fictional Executive ADA appearing in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Paxton Fettel, main antagonist of F.E.A.R..
Read more about this topic: Paxton
Other articles related to "people":
... My people were Yoruba, and their culture survived slavery (...) My father found out about that when I was a kid, and it gave me all I needed to know that, hey, I was ... a kid, no one would believe anything positive that you could say about black people ... And that's a terrible burden on black people, because they don't have an accurate idea of their history, which has been either suppressed or distorted." ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1 ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,41 ...
... Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor Durlovski ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things that we could use.”
—Mother Teresa (b. 1910)
“Mr. Wiggam, I want you to change the policy of The Clarion. I want you to write a story I should have written myself long ago. I want you to tell the people of San Francisco that no city can exist without law and order. Write a story about that flag, write about what verifies and brings a promise of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. There are some people in this town who dont seem to know that. Let The Clarion tell them.”
—Ben Hecht (18931964)
“Our leading men are not of much account and never have been, but the average of the people is immense, beyond all history. Sometimes I think in all departments, literature and art included, that will be the way our superiority will exhibit itself. We will not have great individuals or great leaders, but a great average bulk, unprecedentedly great.”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)