Celan's poetry has been translated into English, with many of the volumes being bilingual. The most comprehensive collections are from John Felstiner, Pierre Joris, and Michael Hamburger, who revised his translations of Celan over a period of two decades. Recently Ian Fairley released his English translations.
Joris has also translated Celan's German poems into French.
- (Note: this incomplete list is chronological from the year of publication of the translation, the most recent listed first)
- The Meridian: Final Version – Drafts – Materials, edited by Bernhard Böschenstein and Heino Schmull, translated by Pierre Joris (2011)
- The Correspondence of Paul Celan and Ilana Shmueli, translated by Susan H. Gillespie (2011)
- Paul Celan, Ingeborg Bachmann: Correspondence, translated by Wieland Hoban (2010)
- From Threshold to Threshold, translated by David Young (2010)
- Snow Part, translated by Ian Fairley (2007)
- Paul Celan: Selections, edited and with an introduction by Pierre Joris (2005)
- Fathomsuns/Fadensonnen and Benighted/Eingedunkelt, translated by Ian Fairley (2001)
- Poems of Paul Celan: A Bilingual German/English Edition, Revised Edition, translated by Michael Hamburger (2001)
- Selected Poems and Prose of Paul Celan, edited and translated by John Felstiner (2000)(winner of the PEN, MLA, and American Translators Association prizes)
- Glottal Stop: 101 Poems, translated by Nikolai Popov and Heather McHugh (2000) (winner of the 2001 International Griffin Poetry Prize)
- Paul Celan, Nelly Sachs: Correspondence, translated by Christopher Clark, edited with an introduction by John Felstiner (1998)
- Atemwende/Breathturn, translated by Pierre Joris (1995)
- Collected Prose, edited by Rosmarie Waldrop (1986) ISBN 0-935296-92-1
- Last Poems, translated by Katharine Washburn and Margret Guillemin (1986)
- Paul Celan, 65 Poems, translated by Brian Lynch and Peter Jankowsky (1985)
- Nineteen Poems by Paul Celan, translated by Michael Hamburger (1972)
- "Speech-Grille" and Selected Poems, translated by Joachim Neugroschel (1971)
Other articles related to "translations":
... Sujud Recitation and Reciters Hafiz (List of Hafiz) - Qari' - Qira'at Translations List of translations - English translations History Mus'haf ...
... Recitation and Reciters Hafiz (List of Hafiz) - Qari' - Qira'at Translations List of translations - English translations History Mus'haf - Tanazzulat Tafsir Qisas Al-Anbiya - Persons related to verses - Asbab al-nu ...
Famous quotes containing the word translations:
“Woe to the world because of stumbling blocks! Occasions for stumbling are bound to come, but woe to the one by whom the stumbling block comes!”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 18:7.
Other translations use temptations.