Patriarch is the highest rank of bishop of the autocephalous churches in Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, the Roman Catholic Church, and the Assyrian Church of the East.
Patriarch may also refer to:
- Patriarchs (Bible), prominent figures in the Hebrew scriptures, especially Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
- Patriarch (Latter Day Saints), the Melchizedek Priesthood office in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Patriarch (Buddhism), a historic teacher who transferred the teachings, see Lineage (Buddhism)
- Patriarch, the leader of a patriarchy
- Patriarch, a boss in Killing Floor
Read more about Patriarch (disambiguation): See Also
Other articles related to "patriarch":
... Supreme Patriarchor Sangharaja, a title given to senior Theravada Buddhist monks Nasi or Patriarchof the Jews, the head of the Sanhedrin of Israel from 191 BCE to 425 CE Kzinti Patriarch the ...