There are a number of side trips that can be undertaken while on the Overland Track. From north to south these are:
- Cradle Mountain Summit - 2 km, 2–3 hours return.
- Barn Bluff - 7 km, 3–4 hours return.
- Lake Will - 3 km, 1 hour return.
- Mount Pelion West - 6 km, 5–6 hours return.
- Old Pelion Hut (with swimming hole) - 1 km, 25 minutes return
- Mount Oakleigh - 8 km, 4–5 hours return.
- Mount Ossa - 6 km, 3.5-4.5 hours return.
- Mount Pelion East
- Pine Valley, Tasmania
- The Acropolis
- The Labyrinth
- Ferguson Falls and D'alton Falls - 1 km, 1-1.5 hours return.
- Hartnett Falls - 1.5 km, 1 hour return.
- Mount Rufus
Famous quotes containing the words tracks and/or side:
“Leonid Ivanovich Shigaev is dead.... The suspension dots, customary in Russian obituaries, must represent the footprints of words that have departed on tiptoe, in reverent single file, leaving their tracks on the marble....”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“Suffering predisposes the mind to devoutness; and most young girls, prompted by instinctive tenderness, lean towards mysticism, the obscurer side of religion.”
—Honoré De Balzac (17991850)