- F. E. Olds (Frank Ellsworth Olds, 1861–1928), founder of American brass musical instrument manufacturing company
- James Olds (1922–1976), psychologist and neuroscientist
- Leland Olds (1890–1960), chairman of the Federal Power Commission under FDR
- Lewis P. Olds, North Carolina lawyer
- Ransom E. Olds (1864–1950), a pioneer of the American automobile industry
- Sharon Olds (born 1942), American poet
- Members of three generations of the same family:
- Edson Baldwin Olds (1802–1869), American politician
- Robert Olds, aerial warfare pioneer and USAAF general
- Robin Olds, American fighter pilot
Read more about this topic: Olds
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski ...
... On the day of his death, Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64 ...
... for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“Modern morality and manners suppress all natural instincts, keep people ignorant of the facts of nature and make them fighting drunk on bogey tales.”
—Aleister Crowley (18751947)
“You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those whove never had any.”
—Bill Cosby (20th century)
“To every people the land is given on condition. Perceived or not, there is a Covenant, beyond the constitution, beyond sovereign guarantee, beyond the nations sweetest dreams of itself.”
—Leonard Cohen (b. 1934)