Following its mandates, the OQLF offers the following services to the population of Quebec:
- General information service via toll free line, Web site and brochures;
- Francization services:
- Francization counselling (for businesses of 50 employees or more);
- Technical assistance relating to Francization of information technologies;
- Processing of complaints for non-respect of the law;
- Terminology and linguistics tools and services:
- The Grand dictionnaire terminologique;
- The Banque de dépannage linguistique;
- Personalized terminological and linguistic consultation;
- Publications of the OQLF:
- Le français au bureau, a book for the general public pertaining to administrative and commercial writing;
- Terminology works: dictionaries, lexicons addressed principally to specialists;
- Libraries: one in Montreal the other in Quebec City;
- Evaluation of competence in French by candidates to professional orders of Quebec;
Read more about this topic: Office Québécois De La Langue Française
Other articles related to "services, service":
... to these, the department also provides some accommodation, transport and other services at entry points to the parks, but these are also offered by other government agencies ... More comprehensive services within the parks, such as guided walks and skiing tutorials, are privately provided with concessions from the department ...
... School health services are services from medical, teaching and other professionals applied in or out of school to improve the health and well-being of children and in some cases whole families ... These services have been developed in different ways around the globe but the fundamentals are constant the early detection, correction, prevention or ...
... In exchange, members and their whole family received services including free libraries, educational programs, sports teams, restaurants, numerous social functions like dances and picnics, and free ... Beyond the services, these clubs served as extended families and communal gathering places for generations of Ybor's citizens ... were known to switch affiliations depending on which one offered preferred services and events ...
... name of Peterborough Primary Care Trust, guides primary care services (general practitioners, dentists, opticians and pharmacists) in the city, directly provides adult social care and services in the community ... University of Cambridge teaching trust, provides services to those who suffer from mental health problems ... of the Cambridgeshire, then East Anglian Ambulance Services, the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust is responsible for the provision of statutory emergency medical services ...
Famous quotes containing the word services:
“The community and family networks which helped sustain earlier generations have become scarcer for growing numbers of young parents. Those who lack links to these traditional sources of support are hard-pressed to find other resources, given the emphasis in our society on providing treatment services, rather than preventive services and support for health maintenance and well-being.”
—Bernice Weissbourd (20th century)
“Men will say that in supporting their wives, in furnishing them with houses and food and clothes, they are giving the women as much money as they could ever hope to earn by any other profession. I grant it; but between the independent wage-earner and the one who is given his keep for his services is the difference between the free-born and the chattel.”
—Elizabeth M. Gilmer (18611951)
“Working women today are trying to achieve in the work world what men have achieved all alongbut men have always had the help of a woman at home who took care of all the other details of living! Today the working woman is also that woman at home, and without support services in the workplace and a respect for the work women do within and outside the home, the attempt to do both is taking its tollon women, on men, and on our children.”
—Jeanne Elium (20th century)