An oceanway is a form of foreshoreway that provides sustainable public access along an oceanfront area. The terminology was derived to avoid the perception of a pavement favouring either pedestrians (footpath) or cyclists (bikeway).
An oceanway corridor often includes a number of traffic streams that provide access along an oceanfront area including:
- soft shore movements (e.g. walking along the sandy beach)
- edge of foreshore off road green mode pavement (foreshoreway)
- edge of road off road green mode pavement
- on road bikeway
- on road private vehicles movements
- on road public transport corridor
Another common type of foreshoreway is called a riverwalk, which provides public access along a river.
Other articles related to "oceanway":
... Gold Coast City Council for construction of an Oceanway along the beachfront dunes between Tugun and Bilinga ... of beachfront residents have expressed opposition to the construction of the Tugun to Bilinga Oceanway (T2B Oceanway) ... groups including the Friends of Currumbin have expressed support for the construction of the T2B Oceanway ...
... Gold Coast Oceanway boardwalk promenade. ...