Novosibirsk State University

Novosibirsk State University was founded in May 1959 in the USSR by Soviet academicians Mikhail Alekseevich Lavrentiev, Sergei Lvovich Sobolev and Sergey Alekseyevich Khristianovich in a program of establishing a Siberian Division of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Novosibirsk State University is one of the most famous universities in Russia, although is somewhat young. The university is located 20 kilometers from the city of Novosibirsk, a cultural and industrial center of Siberia. The total number of students in the year 1999 was 5200. Coordinates: 54°50′37″N 83°5′37″E / 54.84361°N 83.09361°E / 54.84361; 83.09361

Read more about Novosibirsk State UniversityHistory, Organization

Other articles related to "novosibirsk, state university, novosibirsk state university, novosibirsk state, university, state":

Yury Yershov
... Ershov or Yershov (Юрий Леонидович Ершов, born May 1, 1940 in Novosibirsk) is an outstanding Soviet and Russian mathematician ... Yuri Ershov was born in 1940 in Novosibirsk ... In 1958 he entered the Tomsk State University and in 1963 graduated from the Mathematical Department of the Novosibirsk State University ...
Novosibirsk - Education
... Novosibirsk is home to the following educational institutions Novosibirsk State Conservatoire (1956) Novosibirsk State Agricultural University Novosibirsk State Architecture and Construction University (1930 ... Siberian division of the Russian Academy of Sciences and is the location of Novosibirsk State University ...

Famous quotes containing the words university and/or state:

    The university must be retrospective. The gale that gives direction to the vanes on all its towers blows out of antiquity.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882)

    The blacksmith dropped his hammer, the carpenter his plane, the mason his trowel, the farmer his sickle, the baker his loaf, and the tapster his bottle. All were off for the mines, some on horses, some on carts, and some on crutches, and one went in a litter.
    —For the State of California, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)