Festivals and Events
- On 22 January of every year, Novara celebrates the Feast of San Gaudenzio (Saint Gaudentius of Novara), the patron saint of Novara. Throughout the day, it is possible to visit the tomb of the saint and to obtain the typical roasted chestnuts, also known as marroni di Cuneo (" Cuneo chestnuts").
- 23 March: Re-enactment of the 1849 Battle of Novara, with period uniforms and weapons.
- On 25 April, Liberation Day, as in many other Italian cities, the Novaresi organise numerous initiatives to commemorate the Italian resistance movement, and in particular, the partisans who fought around Novara and in the "Partisan Republic of the Ossola".
- Since 2001, Giovani Espressioni ("Young Expressions") has been held in Novara. This is a musical festival for emerging young musicians, organised by Staff Millennium, a performance agency, of which Alessandro Marchetti is the artistic director. The "Espressioni Contest" is of special importance as a showcase for emerging bands that picks a winner every year. Among the noted artists who have participated are Negramaro, Caparezza, Finley, Vallanzaska, Extrema, and Blaze Bailey.
- Since 2005, Novara hosts the "Novara Gospel Festival", that is composed by workshops, local tours, and obviously gospel concerts in the main theatre of the city. It is probably one of the most important festival of this music in Italy, also because the main event is a concert of the most appreciated gospel's singers, such as Kirk Franklin, Donnie Mc Clurkin, etc.
Read more about this topic: Novara
Other articles related to "festivals and events, events, festival, event, festivals":
... has enjoyed a resurgence and now hosts several popular annual events ... Downtown Live! is an alternative festival that features live reggae and rock music and entertainment held at various times throughout the year ... facilities such as the Hagerstown Ice Sports Complex and hosts various events throughout the year like the annual Hagerstown Hispanic Festival held in mid-Septembe ...
... This event, first organized in 1884 and called The Big Singing or Big Singing Day, is considered by many to be the oldest indigenous musical tradition in the United ... Ashland is also home to the Summer Motion festival and Poage Landing Days, while Olive Hill also hosts the International Strange Music Weekend and the Shriner's Bluegrass Festival ... Other festivals include the Forkland Heritage Festival and Revue in Gravel Switch ...
... of the founding of the city (not an annually recurring festival) ... Quebec City Summer Festival is a ten-day festival held at the beginning of July, with dozens of stages and musical shows of all genres ... Québec City International Festival of Military Bands is a celebration of military music held in August ...
... Dussehra, Diwali and almost all of the main religious festivals are celebrated by Hindus in this temple ... The Holi festival celebrations that take place at this temple are the biggest in Karachi ...
... also famous Shirakawa Hachiman Shrine, where every October 14–15, the Nigorizake Festival is held ...
Famous quotes containing the words events and/or festivals:
“Custom, then, is the great guide of human life. It is that principle alone, which renders our experience useful to us, and makes us expect, for the future, a similar train of events with those which have appeared in the past.”
—David Hume (17111776)
“Why wont they let a year die without bringing in a new one on the instant, cant they use birth control on time? I want an interregnum. The stupid years patter on with unrelenting feet, never stoppingrising to little monotonous peaks in our imaginations at festivals like New Years and Easter and ChristmasBut, goodness, why need they do it?”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)