- Northwestern United States, a region of the United States of America
- Northwestern, California, a former settlement in Mendocino County
- North Western Oklahoma City, a district of Oklahoma City around Western Avenue
- North West Province, South Africa, a province of South Africa
- North Western Province, Sri Lanka, a province of Sri Lanka
- Northwestern Province, Zambia, one of Zambia's nine provinces
- Northwestern Federal District, Russia
- Northwestern Krai, a subdivision of Imperial Russia
- North-Western Territory, a Hudson's Bay Company region, precursor to today's Northwest Territories though including what is now Yukon Territory
- North-Western Provinces, an administrative region in British India
Read more about this topic: North Western
Other articles related to "geographic areas, area, areas":
... Cheadle is small, there are three different geographic areas in the community – East Cheadle Springs, Central Cheadle, and a future development planned for the far west ... park and skating rink are also located in this area at the west end of Hendry Avenue ... East Cheadle Springs is the least populated area but has seen more growth in recent years ...
... Laidlaw originated the concept of permanent, small geographic areas as a framework for studying change from one decennial census to another in neighborhoods within ... Statistical Association’s Committee on Census Enumeration Areas ... local citizens, via committees, to establish census tracts and other census statistical geographic areas ...
... Four Geographic areas have been designated by the EC (see map Motorway of the Baltic Sea, linking the Baltic Sea and the North Sea-Baltic Sea canal ...
Famous quotes containing the word areas:
“... two great areas of deafness existed in the South: White Southerners had no ears to hear that which threatened their Dream. And colored Southerners had none to hear that which could reduce their anger.”
—Sarah Patton Boyle, U.S. civil rights activist and author. The Desegregated Heart, part 1, ch. 16 (1962)