- Shinobu (忍?)
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (Japanese), Emily Blau (English)
- Shinobu is the main character. She is kind, hardworking, and dedicated, but naive and somewhat clumsy with complex tasks. She is usually charged with taking care of her dojo, because everyone else is too lazy. She usually wears a purple and pink ninja outfit, but sometimes wears other costumes. Her ambiguous relationship with Kaede, whom she describes as "more than a friend but less than a lover", ranges from admiration and idolization to romantic interest. Despite the influence of Onsokumaru, she remains fairly innocent.
- Kaede Shiranui (不知火 楓, Shiranui Kaede?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese), Zoe Martin (English)
- Kaede is a schoolgirl about Shinobu's age. She is the most sensible character of the series and thus usually the most put-upon. However, she does not allow herself to be tormented and usually puts annoying people in their place. She is often shown making remarks about how Onsokumaru and the male ninja are annoying.
- Onsokumaru (音速丸?)
- Voiced by: Norio Wakamoto (Japanese), Sean Schemmel (English)
- Onsokumaru is a shape-changing creature; his name roughly translates to "sonic speed ball". He is usually depicted as a round, yellow sphere with a face, variably with wings or arms, deep voice, and a loud temperament. Often, when getting emotional, he will transform into an extremely muscular full human body. In spite of being such a bizarre creature, he is the leader of Shinobu's ninja clan. Onsokumaru is perverted, lecherous, messy, loud, a cheat, and greedy. He imagines softcore-pornographic fantasies about Shinobu and Kaede, either for his own personal pleasure or to enthrall or persuade the male ninja into helping him. On the other hand, he is often friendly, and has a silly, playful side.
- Miyabi (雅?)
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya (Japanese), Veronica Taylor (English)
- Miyabi is Shinobu's younger sister who has chosen the field of "magical summoning" rather than ninjutsu. She dislikes Onsokumaru (a mutual feeling) and believes that her elder sister should switch fields and become a magical summoner like herself. Though just ten-years-old, she is something of a prodigy and is skilled enough to consistently defeat Onsokumaru when he gets on her nerves.
- Sasuke (サスケ?)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (Japanese), David Wills (episodes 1-3), Jason Linder (episodes 4-12)
- Sasuke is the class president of the Ninja Academy. Sasuke is sometimes easy to spot, but he is one of the dozens of faceless male ninja in the series. These male ninja are seen in different outfits, but never without their masks. Onsokumaru and Shinobu seem able to tell them apart. They share many of Onsokumaru's traits, although they are more kindhearted and conscientious, attempting to act noble and wise. They often join in on Onsokumaru's perverted schemes, but have shown a distaste for certain levels he will go to. The ninja have even more than once joined together to punish Onsokumaru when he goes too far. They have a tendency to act with a hive mind, but are easily distracted and get little done. Sasuke and some of the other male ninja form the "Miyabi Fan Club".
Read more about this topic: Ninja Nonsense
Other articles related to "characters, character":
... the game starts with a prompt for the player to select two of six characters to accompany Dave ... Mansion is a graphic adventure game in which the player uses a point-and-click interface to guide characters through a two-dimensional (2D) game world and to solve puzzles ... commands with this scheme examples include "Walk to", to move the characters "New kid", to switch between the three characters and "Pick up", to collect objects ...
... The game's main characters and bosses are Leonardo — Another apprentice magician who appears at Normoon and at Brannoch Castle near the end of the game ... Though not a main character, he still manages to help Brian by providing healing items in a room within Brannoch Castle ...
... A typewriter or electromechanical printer can print characters on paper, and execute operations such as move the carriage back to the left margin of the same line (carriage return ... in exactly the same way as printable characters by sending control characters with defined functions (e.g ... the line feed character forced the carriage to move to the same position on the next line) to teleprinters ...
... At the conclusion of Vault of the Drow, the characters find an astral gate leading to the Abyssal realm of Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, goddess of the drow elves and architect of the sinister plot described in the ... The player characters are transported to another plane and cast into the labyrinth known as the Demonweb ... In order to return home, the characters must find their way out of the web and then defeat the evil demigoddess Lolth in her lair ...
... The title character, whose full name is Adam Seymour Duckstein (voiced by Jim J ... is actually gay, and that he had insisted that the character be voiced by someone gay ... This follows the tradition of semi-nudity of cartoon characters exemplified by Porky Pig, Donald Duck, Top Cat, etc ...
Famous quotes containing the word characters:
“The Nature of Familiar Letters, written, as it were, to the Moment, while the Heart is agitated by Hopes and Fears, on Events undecided, must plead an Excuse for the Bulk of a Collection of this Kind. Mere Facts and Characters might be comprised in a much smaller Compass: But, would they be equally interesting?”
—Samuel Richardson (16891761)
“I cannot be much pleased without an appearance of truth; at least of possibilityI wish the history to be natural though the sentiments are refined; and the characters to be probable, though their behaviour is excelling.”
—Frances Burney (17521840)
“Socialist writers are made of sterner stuff than those who only let their characters steeplechase through trouble in order to come out first in the happy ending of moral uplift.”
—Christina Stead (19021983)