National League West
- Arizona Diamondbacks enfranchised 1998
- Colorado Rockies enfranchised 1993
- Los Angeles Dodgers enfranchised 1883 as a minor league team, entered into the American Association as the Brooklyn Atlantics in 1884, soon acquired nickname "Dodgers" (from "trolley dodgers"), joined National League (1890). Also dubbed "Bridegrooms", "Superbas", and "Robins" at various times, in addition to "Dodgers". Moved to Los Angeles (1958)
- San Diego Padres enfranchised 1969
- San Francisco Giants enfranchised 1883 as the New York Gothams, nearly half of its original players were members of the recently disbanded Troy Trojans, moved to San Francisco (1958)
Other articles related to "league, national league west, national league":
... At the time of his last major league game, Henderson was still in the all-time top 100 home run hitters, with 297 ... Henderson is the only American League player to steal more than 100 bases in a single season, and he is the all-time stolen base leader for the Oakland A's ... Greatest Baseball Players, and was a nominee for the Major League Baseball All-Century Team ...
... 35 Chris Capuano 21 Zack Greinke 22 Clayton Kershaw 47 Ricky Nolasco 99 Hyun-Jin Ryu 54 Ronald Belisario 60 José Dominguez 56 J ... P ...
... finest statistical season he became the youngest man (22) to win the National League Most Valuable Player Award, hit.293, led the National League with 45 home runs and a franchise-record 148 Runs batted in, and ... The Reds swept the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1970 National League Championship Series, but lost to the Baltimore Orioles in the World Series ... strong year in 1972, again winning the Most Valuable Player Award and leading the National League in home runs (40) and RBI (125), to help propel the Reds to another ...
Famous quotes containing the words west, national and/or league:
“His role was as the gentle teacher, the logical, compassionate, caring and articulate teacher, who inspired you so that you wanted to please him more than life itself.”
—Carol Lawrence, U.S. singer, star of West Side Story. Conversations About Bernstein, p. 172, ed. William Westbrook Burton, Oxford University Press (1995)
“The signs look better. The Father of Waters again goes unvexed to the sea. Thanks to the great North-West for it. Nor yet wholly to them.... The job was a great national one.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no harm shall touch you. In famine he will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, and shall not fear destruction when it comes. At destruction and famine you shall laugh, and shall not fear the wild animals of the earth. For you shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the wild animals shall be at peace with you.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Job 5:19-23.