The holdings of the National Archives include:
- archives of the Irish Government, 1922 – 75;
- archives of the British administration in Ireland, mainly from the 19th and 20th centuries, but including materials from 17th and 18th century;
- original census returns from the Census of Ireland, complete for 1901 and 1911, available online, and the surviving fragments for 1821, 1831, 1841, and 1851;
- archives of the court system, from the 14th century and 19th and 20th centuries;
- archives acquired from other sources, including Church of Ireland parishes, harbour boards, health boards, hospitals, schools, charities, trade unions, business firms, solicitors' offices, and estate offices, relating especially to the 19th and 20th centuries, but including material for the 17th and 18th centuries;
- transcripts, calendars, abstracts and indexes relating to original records dating from the 13th to the 19th century which were destroyed on June 30, 1922;
- private papers of individuals, including Jack Lynch and Liam T. Cosgrave.
Read more about this topic: National Archives Of Ireland
Other articles related to "holdings":
... In 1990s, the major shareholder were the Wharf (Holdings), China Merchants Holdings (International), Swire Pacific ... Swire Pacific sold all the shares of MTL to the Wharf (Holdings) and China Merchants Holdings (International) in 2003 ... It is now the subsidiary of Wharf (Holdings) and its shareholders are Wharf (Holdings), China Merchants Holdings (International) and Jebsen Securities ...
... was compulsorily purchased to provide small-holdings for returning soldiers ... only ever be of a subsistence-farming nature and since 1950 several of the small holdings have been merged with others to provide larger farms ...
... fully owned subsidiary), JSH Asian Holdings Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Jardine Strategic Holdings Limited), and the three investment ... Finance Corporation 13,863,271 $13,863,271 12.25% JSH Asian Holdings Limited 13,863,271 $13,863,271 12.25% COFIBRED 13,863,271 $13,863,271 12.25% Triodos-Doe ...
... The group was formed in 2003/4 by the merger of Mvelaphanda Holdings and Rebserve ... Mvelaphanda Holdings is active in the fields of financial services, healthcare, mining, general industry and real property ... Mvela Holdings is the controlling shareholder of Mvelaphanda Group Ltd and has a significant interest in JSE-listed Mvelaphanda Resources Ltd ...
Famous quotes containing the word holdings:
“Polarized light showed the secret architecture of bodies; and when the second-sight of the mind is opened, now one color or form or gesture, and now another, has a pungency, as if a more interior ray had been emitted, disclosing its deep holdings in the frame of things.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)