Nasir had several "favourites" with whom he worked repeatedly.
- The first was mentor Sashadhar Mukherjee, for whose Filmistan Studio Nasir wrote and directed his earlier films.
- Sashadhar's brother Subodh Mukherjee directed a couple of these early films that Nasir wrote, Dev Anand was the hero and S.D. Burman composed the music.(Munimji and Paying Guest). Nasir cast Dev Anand in his own first production Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai.
- Pran was also a constant villain in Munimji, Paying Guest and Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai.
- Nasir also produced a film and cast his mentor Sashadhar's son Joy Mukherjee in Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon.
- Nasir used Majrooh Sultanpuri in 10 of his productions, apart from working with him in Paying Guest.
- Nasir directed Shammi Kapoor in his early hits and created Shammi's image with films like Tumsa Nahin Dekha and Dil Deke Dekho as well as his later production Teesri Manzil.
- Actor Rajindernath was a fixture in almost all of his early productions. He was in Dil Deke Dekho (1959), Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961), Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon (1963), Baharon Ke Sapne (1967), Pyar Ka Mausam (1969), Zabardast (1985) and Zamaane Ko Dikhana Hai (1981).
- One of his longest associations was with Asha Parekh, from Dil Deke Dekho, through Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai, Phir Wohi Dil Laya Hoon, Teesri Manzil, Baharon Ke Sapne, Pyar Ka Mausam till Caravan.
- He worked with R.D. Burman in 9 films from Teesri Manzil, through Baharon Ke Sapne, Pyar Ka Mausam, Caravan, Yaadon Ki Baraat, Hum Kisise Kum Naheen, Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai, Manzil Manzil and Zabardast.
- Hussain also collaborated with writer Sachin Bhowmick, comic Wasti, editors Babu Lavande and Gurudutt Shirali in many of his films.
Read more about this topic: Nasir Hussain
Other articles related to "associations, association":
... There are a number of smaller Baptist associations in the United States which maintain a separate existence from the larger groups for doctrinal reasons ... the General Baptists, the Primitive Baptists, the Old Regular Baptists, various associations devoted to Landmarkism, the Conservative Baptist Association, the General ...
... Currently this list includes only the associations known to have English Wikipedia articles ... The Polytech Choir Polyteknikkojen Ilmailukerho ...
... of an impasse whereby the Vatican had refused to recognise the Associations Cultuelles voted in the 1905 legislation in the spirit of the 1901 Loi sur les ... The agreement made possible the forming of Associations Diocésaines with members appointed by the bishops ...
... Cleopatra intends to be different from other associations ... Cleopatra resembles many other student associations in the Netherlands in having various substructures (although with different names) and aiming at enhancing the social ... Unity Out Of Concord"), a confederation of alternative student associations in other cities ...
Famous quotes containing the word associations:
“Writing prejudicial, off-putting reviews is a precise exercise in applied black magic. The reviewer can draw free- floating disagreeable associations to a book by implying that the book is completely unimportant without saying exactly why, and carefully avoiding any clear images that could capture the readers full attention.”
—William Burroughs (b. 1914)
“There is ... no glamor at banquetsI mean the large formal banquets of big associations and societies. There is only a kind of dignified confusion that gradually unhinges the mind.”
—James Thurber (18941961)
“Hardly a man in the world has an opinion upon morals, politics or religion which he got otherwise than through his associations and sympathies. Broadly speaking, there are none but corn-pone opinions. And broadly speaking, Corn-Pone stands for Self- Approval. Self-approval is acquired mainly from the approval of other people. The result is Conformity.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)