- Medical Reserve Corps, a US network of community-based units sponsored by the Office of the Surgeon General
- Municipalité régionale de comté (or regional county municipality), a type of territorial division and supramunicipal structure in Quebec, Canada
- Military Revolutionary Committee, military organs under soviets during the period of the Russian Revolution of 1917 and Russian Civil War
- Virginia Marine Resources Commission, an environmental stewardship department
- Mail recovery center, the formal name given by some postal services to their Dead letter office
Read more about this topic: MRC
Other articles related to "government":
... representative democratic republic, whereby the Prime Minister is the head of government, and of a multi-party system ... Executive power is exercised by the government ... Legislative power is vested in both the government and parliament ...
... The austerity measures introduced by the government are in part an attempt to fulfill the Maastricht criteria ... Total government spending is high ... of mounting financial-sector funding pressures and the general government debt which is of 81% of GDP (2010) ...
... was an ardent supporter, an engineer and later government minister, whose 1891 plan formed the basis for what were to become the Zuiderzee Works ... when Lely became Minister of Transport and Public Works in 1913, the government started working on official plans to enclose the Zuiderzee ... der Zuiderzeewerken (Zuiderzee Works Department), the government body responsible for overseeing the construction and initial management, was set up in May 1919 ...
... Each operate their own municipal government, united they form one city government with its own constitution ... The city government also has a judicial branch based on the post-transitional judicial system as outlined by the High Representative's “High Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils” ... Local communities have a small role in city government and are intended as a way for ordinary citizens to get involved in city government ...
Famous quotes containing the word government:
“The powers of the federal government ... result from the compact to which the states are parties, [and are] limited by the plain sense and intention of the instrument constituting that compact.”
—James Madison (17511836)
“I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property.”
—James Madison (17511836)
“Id wish the government took honest people into consideration, it shows enough consideration for scoundrels.”
—Franz Grillparzer (17911872)