Mixed is the past tense of mix. It may also refer to:
- Mixed breed, an animal whose parents are from different breeds or species
- Mixed anomaly, in theoretical physics, an example of an anomaly
- Mixed data sampling, an econometric model developed by Ghysels
- Mixed Doubles (play), a play that was first performed
- Mixed drink, see cocktail
- Mixed feelings, ambivalence
- Mixed forest, see Temperate broadleaf and mixed forests
- Mixed gauge, see Dual gauge
- Mixed government, a form of government that integrated facets of democracy, oligarchy, and monarchy
- Mixed inhibition, a combination of two different types of reversible enzyme inhibition
- Mixed language, a language that arises when two languages are in contact
- Mixed Martial Arts, a combat sport in which two competitors use different martial arts for fighting
- Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed.
- Mixed metaphor, see Metaphor (language)
- Mixed oxide fuel, see Nuclear reprocessing
- Mixed reality, the merging of real world and virtual worlds
- Mixed spices, a common sweet blend of spices
- Mixed strategy, used in game theory economics
- Mixtape, a home-made compilation of songs
- Multiracial, a person who is of multiple races.
Other articles related to "mixed":
... A mixed breed is a domesticated animal descended from multiple breeds of the same species, often breeding without any human intervention, recordkeeping, or selective breeding ... Mixed-breed dog, a dog whose ancestry is complex or not known Grade horse, a horse whose parentage is unknown, unidentifiable, or of significantly mixed breeding Moggy, a mixed breed cat ...
... White Irish 1.27% White Other 3.25% Black or Mixed Black and White 18.81% South Asian or Mixed Asian and White 9.46% Chinese or Other (including mixed race) 4.10 ...
... It includes analog and mixed-signal extensions (AMS) in order to define the behavior of analog and mixed-signal systems (IEEE 1076.1-1999) ... with the intent of enabling designers of analog and mixed signal systems and integrated circuits to create and use modules that encapsulate high-level behavioral descriptions as ... VHDL-AMS is an industry standard modeling language for mixed signal circuits ...
... national championships held annually, the Open Mixed National Championships, the Overs and Unders Aged National Championships and the Juniors National Championships ... The Opens Mixed have six divisions Men's, Ladies A B, Mixed A B and Under-21 Ladies, whilst the Overs Unders Aged Nationals have three divisions ...
... speakers 1,880,000 (2000) Language family Mixed Malay–Macassarese Macassar Malay Language codes ISO 639-3 mfp Macassar Malay is not a creole, but a ...
Famous quotes containing the word mixed:
“Love sits enthroned in Claras eyes,
The Graces play her lips around,
And in her cheeks the tendrest dyes
Of lilly mixed with rose are found.
Where charms so irresistless throng
What mortal heart can try resistance?
But ah! her nose is two feet long,
And bids our passions keep their distance.”
—Horace Walpole (17171797)
“Memory is a wonderfully useful tool, and without it judgement does its work with difficulty; it is entirely lacking in me.... Now, the more I distrust my memory, the more confused it becomes. It serves me better by chance encounter; I have to solicit it nonchalantly. For if I press it, it is stunned; and once it has begun to totter, the more I probe it, the more it gets mixed up and embarrassed. It serves me at its own time, not at mine.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“When truth is nothing but the truth, its unnatural, its an abstraction that resembles nothing in the real world. In nature there are always so many other irrelevant things mixed up with the essential truth. Thats why art moves youprecisely because its unadulterated with all the irrelevancies of real life.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)