The Ministry of Defence Industry of Azerbaijan directs domestic military supplies for Azerbaijan. It was established in 2005. The Defence Industries Ministry subsumed the State Department for Military Industry and for Armaments and the Military Science Center, each of which was formerly a separate agency within the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry.
The defense industry has emerged as an autonomous entity with a growing defense production capability. The ministry is cooperating with the defense sectors of Ukraine, Belarus and Pakistan. Along with other contracts, Azerbaijani defence industries and Turkish companies, Azerbaijan will produce 40mm revolver grenade launchers, 107mm and 122mm MLRS systems, Cobra 4×4 vehicles and joint modernization of BTR vehicles in Baku.
The major military companies of Azerbaijan are:
- RPE Iglim, aviation and shipbuilding
- Radiogurashdirma, communication means and radio-electronic
- RPE Neftgazavtomat, devices and automation systems for monitoring technological processes
- RPE Automatic Lines, non-standard equipment and products for application in electrotechnical and machine engineering
- Avia-Agregat, multi-purpose aviation equipment, various airdrome conditioners, universal container of board conductor, air-to-air radiators, fuel-oil, air-to-air heat exchangers and ventilators
In early 2008, reports indicated that an agreement with Turkey had been signed which would lead to Azerbaijan producing armoured personnel carriers, infantry fighting vehicles, and small calibre artillery pieces. Another 2008 report mentioned Azerbaijan's desire to produce its own military aircraft and helicopters, but quoted a military expert as saying that it would be impossible to do so for the next five years.
Read more about this topic: Military Of Azerbaijan
Other articles related to "defense industry, defence industry, military industry, defense, industry":
The defence industry, also called the military industry, comprises government and commercial industry involved in research, development, production, and service of military materiel, equipment and facilities. It includes:
- Defense contractors: business organizations or individuals that provide products or services to a military department of a government
- The Arms industry, which produces guns, ammunition, missiles, military aircraft, and their associated consumables and systems
It can also include:
- Private military contractors: private companies that provide logistics, manpower, and other expenditures for a military force
- European defence procurement, which is more or less analogous to the U.S. "military-industrial complex"
... In July 1970, the Defense Agency director General Yasihiro established five directives for the defense industry 1 ... Maintaining the industry base for national security for Japan ... Become competitive in the defense production field ...
... initiated a policy of integrating civilian and military industry more closely in order to promote overall civilian economic development ... civilianizing the machine-building ministries to make the defense industry more responsive to civilian control and needs increasing defense industry production of civilian goods, particularly consumer ... Production of civilian goods totaled 6.9 percent of total defense industry output in 1975 ...
... the Countries of the European Union can be found in the website of European Defense Agency in a new “EU Offset Portal” ... On the seller's point of view, in Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) Annual Reports to U.S ... Magazines and specialized publications like Jane's Defense Industry, EPICOS, Countertrade Offset or CTO give detail accounts and updates on national policies, requests ...
... The defense industry of South Korea, initially small in size and strategic scope at early point of its development, has steadily expanded its areas of ... self-sufficiency reaching 70% of all defense purchases ... Domestic defense production eventually increased to $6.6 billion in 2008 when the self-sufficiency of the domestic defense industry exceeded 80%, with a goal to increase total domestic defense production to $10 ...
Famous quotes containing the words industry and/or defense:
“Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgement; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)
“Unlike Boswell, whose Journals record a long and unrewarded search for a self, Johnson possessed a formidable one. His life in Londonhe arrived twenty-five years earlier than Boswellturned out to be a long defense of the values of Augustan humanism against the pressures of other possibilities. In contrast to Boswell, Johnson possesses an identity not because he has gone in search of one, but because of his allegiance to a set of assumptions that he regards as objectively true.”
—Jeffrey Hart (b. 1930)