The tools that allow to develop an MRDS application contain a graphical environment (Microsoft Visual Programming Language : VPL) command line tools allow you to deal with Visual Studio projects (VS Express version is enough) in C#, and 3D simulation tools.
- Visual Programming Language is a graphical development environment that uses a service and activity catalog.
- They can interact graphically, a service or an activity is represented by a block that has inputs and outputs that just need to be dragged from the catalog to the diagram.
- Linking can be done with the mouse, it allows you to define if signals are simultaneous or not, permits you to perform operations on transmitted values...
- VPL also allows you to generate the code of new "macro" services from diagrams created by users.
- It is possible in VPL to easily customize services for different hardware elements.
- RDS 3D simulation environment allows you to simulate the behavior of robots in a virtual world using NVIDIA PhysX technology (3D engine originally written by Ageia) that includes advanced physics.
- There are several simulation environments in RDS. These environments were developed by SimplySim
- Modern House
- Many examples and tutorials are available for the different tools, which permits a fast understanding of MRDS. Several applications have been added to the suite, such as Maze Simulator, or Soccer Simulation which is developed by Microsoft.
- The Kinect sensor can be used on a robot in the RDS environment. RDS also includes a simulated Kinect sensor. The Kinect Services for RDS are licensed for both commercial and non-commercial use. They depend on the Kinect for Windows SDK.
Read more about this topic: Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio
Other articles related to "tools, tool":
... Stone tools from the Aurignacian culture are known as Mode 4, characterized by blades (rather than flakes, typical of mode 2 Acheulean and mode 3 Mousterian) from ... Upper Paleolithic is a greater degree of tool standardization and the use of bone and antler for tools ...
... visual interface with powerful data analysis tools ... Triana includes a large library of pre-written analysis tools and the ability for users to easily integrate their own tools using Java ...
... In archaeology a blade is a type of stone tool created by striking a long narrow flake from a stone core ... Additionally, a tool must be part of an intentional blade industry in order to properly be considered a blade tools which show the characteristics of blades through variation but are not intentionally produced ... been struck are called blade cores and the tools created from single blades are called blade tools ...
... context all actors involved in the activity system Tools or tool mediation - the artifacts (or concepts) used by actors in the system ... Tools influence actor-structure interactions, they change with accumulating experience ... Tools are influenced by culture, and their use is a way for the accumulation and transmission of social knowledge ...
... This system includes the object (or objective), subject, mediating artifacts (signs and tools), rules, community, and division of labor ... interaction of a subject with an object through the use of tools ... These tools are exteriorized forms of mental processes manifested in constructs, whether physical or psychological ...
Famous quotes containing the word tools:
“No man is born into the world, whose work
Is not born with him; there is always work,
And tools to work withal, for those who will:
And blessèd are the horny hands of toil!”
—James Russell Lowell (18191891)
“... pure and intelligent women can be deceived and misled by the baser sort, their very innocence and experience making them credulous and the helpless tools of the guilty and bold.”
—Catherine E. Beecher (18001878)