Lyric Theatre (Belfast)
Coordinates: 54°34′44″N 5°56′02″W / 54.579°N 5.934°W / 54.579; -5.934
The Lyric Players' Theatre, more commonly known as The Lyric Theatre, or simply The Lyric, is the main full-time producing theatre in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The theatre was first established as the Lyric Players in 1951 at the home of its founders Mary and Pearse O’Malley in Derryvolgie Ave., off the Lisburn Road, and moved to its current home on Ridgeway Street in 1968. Austin Clarke had laid the foundation stone of the property in 1965.
Other articles related to "belfast, lyric":
... on BOCs, which was operated centrally from the Grand Opera House Belfastby Andrew Muir and Michael Kelly ... then Translink working on their online activities, while Michael Kelly moved to the BelfastFestival BelfastFestival at Queen's and expand on the work achieved in the Grand Opera ... Online booking for the Lyricdid not take place until 2003 when an upgrade of the main system allowed this ...
Famous quotes containing the words lyric and/or theatre:
“O lyric Love, half angel and half bird
And all a wonder and a wild desire.”
—Robert Browning (18121889)
“People fall out of windows, trees tumble down,
Summer is changed to winter, the young grow old
The air is full of children, statues, roofs
And snow. The theatre is spinning round,
Colliding with deaf-mute churches and optical trains.
The most massive sopranos are singing songs of scales.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)