Theater, Film, Opera
- The Lulu plays by Frank Wedekind, whose protagonist is named Lulu. Works based upon them include:
- Lulu (1914 film), an Italian film directed by Augusto Genina
- Lulu (1918 film), a film directed by Michael Curtiz
- Lulu (1953 film), a film directed by Fernando Cerchio
- Lulu (1996 film), a film directed by Srinivas Krishna
- Lulu (2002 film), a French film starring Jean-Pierre Kalfon
- Lulu (2005 film), a Dutch film featuring Georgina Verbaan
- Lulu (2006 film), a German TV film featuring Matthias Schweighöfer
- Lulu, an opera by Friedrich Kuhlau
Read more about this topic: Lulu
Other articles related to "opera, operas":
... began in singing, when he joined the Hamburg Opera (his family, who were traditionally church musicians, came from near Hamburg) in 1718 as a tenor ... court of Brunswick, where in 1721 his first opera, Antioco, was performed Hasse himself sang in the production ... earned Hasse many commissions from Naples's opera houses, but also, according to Quantz, brought him into contact with Alessandro Scarlatti, who became his teacher and friend Hasse also altered his style in several ...
... Major opera companies have begun presenting their performances in local cinemas throughout the United States and many other countries ... The Metropolitan Opera began a series of live high-definition video transmissions to cinemas around the world in 2006 ... San Francisco Opera began prerecorded video transmissions in March 2008 ...
... Two years after leaving the conservatory he wrote his first opera -- it was based on Alessandro Manzoni's great novel The Betrothed (I promessi sposi) -- and it was as an opera composer that he ... won in a competition, he took small-time jobs in small cities, and composed several operas, none successful at first ... The following opera, I Lituani (The Lithuanians) (1874), was also well received, being performed later at Saint Petersburg (as Aldona - November 20, 1884) ...
... The following year, she made her debut in Salzburg and at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden as Mimì, and in the United States with a recital at ... In March 1951, she made her Metropolitan Opera debut in New York as Marguérite, and she went on to sing with the company for ten years ... In 1957 she sang at the Vienna State Opera ...
Famous quotes containing the word opera:
“He rides in the Row at ten oclock in the morning, goes to the Opera three times a week, changes his clothes at least five times a day, and dines out every night of the season. You dont call that leading an idle life, do you?”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)