- Los hijos de Llastay (fables) Buenos Aires, 1926.
- América inicial Ediciones Babel. Buenos Aires, 1931.
- El general Paz y los dos caudillajes. Ediciones Anaconda. Buenos Aires, 1933. Ediciones Claridad, Buenos Aires, 1935. Ediciones Rosario, 1946. Editorial Futuro, 1961.There's also a latest edition by Ediciones Solar, Biblioteca "Dimensión Argentina", under the direction of Gregorio Weinberg dating back to 1984. 207 pp. Bibliography and Index. This latest edition is dedicated to René Favaloro (page, 17) and also includes a foreword by David Viñas namely: "Luis Franco: de Lugones a la heterodoxia".
- Biografía de la guerra Ediciones Perseo, Buenos Aires, 1941.
- El fracaso de Juan Tobal Ed. Nuestra Novela, 1941.
- Walt Whitman (El mayor demócrata que el mundo ha visto). Ediciones Perseo, Buenos Aires, 1940. Colección Hombres e ideas. The cover was designed and illustrated with an engraving on wood of Whitman's likeness by Pompeyo Audivert. 113 pp. Includes a reference to Pompeyo Audivert by Luis Franco as an appendix. A later edition of the same was published by Editorial Americalee. Buenos Aires, 1945.
- El otro Rosas Editorial Claridad. (1945)
- Rosas entre anécdotas (En la estancia, en el gobierno, en el destierro). Editorial Claridad, Buenos Aires, 1946.
- Biografía de animales Editorial Peuser, Buenos Aires, 1953, 1961.
- Antes y después de Caseros. Editorial Reconstruir, Buenos Aires, 1954.
- Hudson a caballo Ediciones Alpe, Buenos Aires, 1956, 1973.
- El arca de Noe en el Río de la Plata
- Biografía sacra Editorial Reconstruir. Buenos Aires, 1957.
- Sarmiento y Martí Editorial Lautaro. Buenos Aires, 1958.
- Biografía Patria Editorial Stilcograf (1958)
- Biografía de la guerra
- Pequeño diccionario de la desobediencia Editorial America Lee. Biblioteca de cultura social. Sección VIII. Ensayos e Interpretaciones. Buenos Aires, 1959. 280 pages plus Index. This book is made of several hundred individual, and not necessarily brief considerations on life, literature, moral values, racism, life and death and other considerations. Is a philosophical dictionary in the style of Voltaire's own. e.g. "The mystery of pleasure is as sacred as that of the Trinity". p. 16.
- Domingo F. Sarmiento (Anthology) Compañía General Fabril Editora. Buenos Aires, 1960.
- Revisión de los griegos Editorial Americalee. Buenos Aires, 1960.
- La hembra humana Editorial Futuro. Buenos Aires, 1962; Second Ed. 1974: Shapire Editor. Colección Fuera de Serie. Cover designed by Oscar "Negro" Díaz. 298.pp. Index, bibliography. A total of 3000 copies were printed. Comment: This essay is a powerful testimony in defense of women's rights and against the men-driven society. Once again Franco blames the Catholic Church as the real cause behind women's oppression and neglect.
- Prometeo ante la URSS. G.Dávalos & D.C.Hernández, Libreros. Buenos Aires, 1964.
- Espartaco en Cuba G.Dávalos & D.C.Hernández, Libreros. Buenos Aires, 1965.
- De Rosas a Mitre Dávalos (Astral). Buenos Aires, 1967.
- Los grandes caciques de la pampa Editorial Shapire. Buenos Aires, 1967.
- Sarmiento entre dos fuegos Editorial Paidós. Buenos Aires, 1968.
- Cuentos orejanos Centro Editor de América LAtina. Buenos Aires, 1968.
- La pampa habla Editorial Shapire. Buenos Aires, 1968. Editorial La verde Rama, Buenos Aires, 1968. 225 pp.
- Guitarra adentro Centro Editor de América Latina. Buenos Aires, 1971.
- Rosas. Editorial Propósitos, Buenos Aires, 1970.
- El arca de Noé en el Plata Editorial Lagos. Buenos Aires, 1973.
- El zorro y su vecindario Illustrations by Chacha. Plus Ultra. Buenos Aires, 1976. 93 pp.
- Nuestro padre el árbol Editorial Colihue/Hachette. Buenos Aires, 1978. 94 páginas
Read more about this topic: Luis Franco (writer)
Other articles related to "essays, essay":
... Egalitarianism as a Revolt Against Nature and Other Essays Election promise Election Elective rights Enlightened self-interest Epic and Novel Eranos Ergatocracy Ernest Wamba dia Wamba Ernst ...
... Martha Rosler's essays have been published widely in catalogues, magazines, such as Artforum, Afterimage, Quaderns, and Grey Room, and edited collections, among them, Women Artists at the ... Her essay "In, around, and Afterthoughts (on documentary photography)" (1981 but widely cited, republished, and translated) has been credited with a great role in dismantling ... Among them are Decoys and Disruptions Selected Essays 1975-2001 (MIT Press, 2004), the photo books Passionate Signals (Cantz, 2005), In the Place of ...
... and for the North American Review and later for the Nation he wrote philosophical essays on the lines of Mill, Darwin and Spencer ... Among his essays may be mentioned The Evolution of Self-Consciousness and two articles published in 1871 on the Genesis of Species ... His essays were collected and published by CE Norton in 1877, and his Letters were edited and privately printed at Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1878 by ...
... Most of the essays previously appeared in The New Yorker, Harper's Magazine, Details, and Graywolf Forum ... In the introductory essay, "A Word About This Book," Franzen notes that the "underlying investigation in all these essays" is "the problem of preserving individuality and ...
... Nineteenth Century Cities Essays In The New Urban History, coauthor, Yale (1969) Classic Essays On The Culture Of Cities, editor (1969), ISBN 0-13-135194-X The Uses of Disorder Personal Identity City Life (1970 ...
Famous quotes containing the word essays:
“What are these essays but grotesque and monstrous bodies, pieced together of different members, without any definite shape, without any order, coherence, or proportion, except they be accidental?”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“I have been reporting club meetings for four years and I am tired of hearing reviews of the books I was brought up on. I am tired of amateur performances at occasions announced to be for purposes either of enjoyment or improvement. I am tired of suffering under the pretense of acquiring culture. I am tired of hearing the word culture used so wantonly. I am tired of essays that let no guilty author escape quotation.”
—Josephine Woodward, U.S. author. As quoted in Everyone Was Brave, ch. 3, by William L. ONeill (1969)
“If these Essays were worthy of being judged, it might fall out, in my opinion, that they would not find much favour, either with common and vulgar minds, or with uncommon and eminent ones: the former would not find enough in them, the latter would find too much; they might manage to live somewhere in the middle region.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)