The Lord Rootes Memorial Fund was endowed in memory of Baron Rootes to benefit students at the University of Warwick. Students must first submit a proposal for a research project showing both imagination and innovation. Successful proposal writers are then invited to a panel interview with the academics which compose the Lord Rootes Memorial Fund Committee. This committee then advises the trustees on which projects to fund. Awards range between £100 and £5000. Following completion of their project, students are expected to produce a report of publishable standard to justify the sponsorship they have received. This is then made available to the public through the Modern Records Centre at the University of Warwick in Coventry. The final 25% of the research grant is only released on receipt of a satisfactory report.
- US National Parks of the Pacific West: A Guide for Travellers with Mobility Difficulties by David Baker
- Dialogue or Dichotomy: A Photographic Investigation of Poland’s New Cultural Climate by Bethany Bennett, Kathryn Johnson & Victoria Jarrett
- Evaluating the Impact of Grass-Roots NGOs in India by Brendan Donegan
- A Study of the Styles and Forms of Aboriginal Art to Gain an Insight into their Meanings by Christopher Garner
- The Fix” by Stephanie Hay, Russell Hope, Daniel Sarginson, Richard Hogg & Samantha Costigan
- Land’s End to John O’Groats: A Cyclist’s-eye view of Britain by John Huddlestone
- The Impact of Economic Factors and Reference Levels on Happiness in Venezuela by Alice Kugler & Sina Grasmann
- Culinary Crossings: The Cuisine of Yucatán by Claudia Lozada-Can, Michael Niblett, Kerstin Oloff & Ulrich Sauder
- Come Away: A Film by Beatriz Martinez-Gatell & Martin Arumemi-Ikhide
- Eurojam 2005 Sub-Camp Programme 2005 by Andy Melia
- Primum Non Nocere – The Limitations of Medical Intervention in Sexual Health by David Metcalfe
- The Culture of Marianismo, Young Women and Ecuador Today by Tina Sidemark & Katherine Brown
- A Celebration of Italy’s National Parks by Heather Scutchings & Christopher Brockelsby
- Glycemic Index Foods and Their Effect on Public Health and Obesity by Kate Williams
Other articles related to "rootes, lord rootes memorial fund, lord rootes":
... Baron Rootes, of Ramsbury in the County of Wiltshire, is a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom ... He was head of the motor car manufacturer Rootes Ltd ...
... Lord Rootes Memorial Fund, an endowment to the University of Warwick Rootes residences, the first halls of residence to be built at the University of Warwick, named after Lord Rootes ...
... Nothing (Amanda Rootes) – 337 Hypersonic (Rootes) – 232 Black Eye (Rootes, Helen Storer) – 334 Scream (Rootes, Bridget Jones) – 341 I Wanna Be Your Lush (Rootes) – 236 Crossdresser (Ro ...
Famous quotes containing the words fund, memorial, lord and/or rootes:
“School success is not predicted by a childs fund of facts or a precocious ability to read as much as by emotional and social measures; being self-assured and interested: knowing what kind of behavior is expected and how to rein in the impulse to misbehave; being able to wait, to follow directions, and to turn to teachers for help; and expressing needs while getting along with other children.”
—Daniel Goleman (20th century)
“When I received this [coronation] ring I solemnly bound myself in marriage to the realm; and it will be quite sufficient for the memorial of my name and for my glory, if, when I die, an inscription be engraved on a marble tomb, saying, Here lieth Elizabeth, which reigned a virgin, and died a virgin.”
—Elizabeth I (15331603)
“Let us eat and drink neither forgetting death unduly nor remembering it. The Lord hath mercy on whom he will have mercy, etc., and the less we think about it the better.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)
“No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a mans ego like an automobile.”
—Sir William Rootes (18941964)