- Angela Lonsdale (born 1970), English actress
- Anne Lonsdale (born 1941), British sinologist, third President of New Hall, University of Cambridge
- Bruce Lonsdale (1949–1982), Canadian politician
- Charles Lonsdale (born 1965), British diplomat
- Chris Lonsdale (born 1987), Bermudian former cricketer and footballer
- Christopher Lonsdale (1886–1952), Canadian founder and first headmaster of Shawnigan Lake School, British Columbia
- Corrine Lonsdale, Canadian politician
- David Lonsdale (born 1963), English actor
- Derrick Lonsdale (born 1924), American pediatrician and researcher
- Edmund Lonsdale (1843–1913), Australian politician
- Frederick Lonsdale (1881–1954), English dramatist
- Gordon Lonsdale, alias of Konon Molody (1922–1970), Soviet spy
- Harry Lonsdale (born 1932), American scientist, businessman, and former politician
- Horatio Walter Lonsdale (1844–1919), English painter and designer
- James Lonsdale (painter) (1777–1839), English portraitist
- James Rolston Lonsdale (1865–1921), Northern Irish politician
- Joe Lonsdale (born 1982), American entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist
- John Lonsdale (1788–1867), Principal of King's College, London, later Bishop of Lichfield
- John Lonsdale, 1st Baron Armaghdale (1850–1924), Northern Irish businessman and politician
- Dame Kathleen Lonsdale (1903–1971), Irish crystallographer
- Michael Lonsdale (born 1931), French actor
- Richard Lonsdale (1913–1988), British Army officer in the Parachute Regiment in World War II
- Roger Lonsdale, British author and academic
- Rupert Lonsdale (1905–1999), British submarine commander, prisoner of war and Anglican clergyman
- Shawn Lonsdale (1969–2008), American videographer and critic of the Church of Scientology
- Tommy Lonsdale (1882–1973), English footballer
- William Lonsdale (1794–1871), English geologist and palaeontologist
- William Lonsdale (colonist) (1799–1864), supervised the founding of Port Phillip, later named Melbourne, Australia
- Willie Lonsdale (born 1986), New Zealand cricketer
- Earl of Lonsdale
- The Lonsdale Sisters, Pauline Cingalee & Florence Samuels, English dancing duo in the 1940s and 1950s
Read more about this topic: Lonsdale
Other articles related to "people":
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski ...
... Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... and the Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“The mere existence of conscience, that faculty of which people prate so much nowadays, and are so ignorantly proud, is a sign of our imperfect development. It must be merged in instinct before we become fine.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“I ask you to join in a re-United States. We need to empower our people so they can take more responsibility for their own lives in a world that is ever smaller, where everyone counts.... We need a new spirit of community, a sense that we are all in this together, or the American Dream will continue to wither. Our destiny is bound up with the destiny of every other American.”
—Bill Clinton (b. 1946)
“Once we began to see our images
Reflected in the mud and even dust,
Twas disillusion upon disillusion.
We were lost piecemeal to the animals,
Like people thrown out to delay the wolves.
Nothing but fallibility was left us....”
—Robert Frost (18741963)